NCAA denies waivers for Clayton, Ezzard; Sims granted immediate eligibility

slugboy

Staff member
FYI, Tennessee was more supportive of their outgoing transfers than, say, Michigan

@wesrucker247: #Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt said he wrote letters to the NCAA on behalf of the Tennessee players who wanted to enter the NCAA transfer portal, saying they should be eligile immediately, and that he was happy to see them secure that immediate eligiblity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Mississippi State QB Keytaon Thompson entered the transfer portal after not being named the MSU starting quarterback. I hope he considers coming to GT because the football team could use him.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...fer-portal-day-after-not-being-named-starter/
Going to disagree on this one. We will already be overwhelmed with competition at the qb spot, I don't see much if any benefit to having a career backup qb with almost no eligibility left come in and take up a scholarship for a year where he likely won't play, and even if he does play it doesn't give us any continuity because he will be gone soon. Would rather that scholly be a 1-year and go to a walkon who's busted his *** for Tech his whole career.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
FYI, Tennessee was more supportive of their outgoing transfers than, say, Michigan

@wesrucker247: #Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt said he wrote letters to the NCAA on behalf of the Tennessee players who wanted to enter the NCAA transfer portal, saying they should be eligile immediately, and that he was happy to see them secure that immediate eligiblity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is how every coach should handle kids who want to transfer. Let them go. Wish them well no matter what. It will always reflect positively on the school and the coach.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is how every coach should handle kids who want to transfer. Let them go. Wish them well no matter what. It will always reflect positively on the school and the coach.
Not just coaches, but bosses in general. If an employee wants to go, they’ll go. The only thing that the coach/boss can control is whether that bridge gets burned on the way out, which would indeed reflect poorly on the coach/boss.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
no, vegas is not paying off the NCAA, they are the same organization. (not really of course, but decisions by the NCAA are bounced off vegas for a myriad of reasons, the least being active game fixing)

yes, its tin hat, conspiracy stuff. Unfortunately, enough game fixing has happened with some of it being caught, and the timing is often unreal. For instance you watch lines move before the public ever knows one thing, but vegas and the whales somehow knew and caught wind.

the reason is due to that relationship. NFL has it, NBA too...its bad...its dirty. Its all an active organization, the sport organization, the tv and ratings, and vegas.

of course, thats what I kinda believe and for me its fun to watch this stuff happen

Right now this is undeniable. The GT betting line moved BIG in the last 24-48 hours. Big to alot of money going now to the under after the initial waivers were denied. Vegas stands to make money as of this morning if GT wins more than 4 games. 5 days ago, vegas stood to lose money if GT won more than 4 games. So; my prediction, and I will probably be TOTALLY wrong but thats the fun of conspiracies, by my prediction is I can see the appeals being approved now. Before, there is no way they would have been. But alot of money moved to the under to affect a odds repost in 24 hours is a huge indication of why now vegas his interest to get more talent on our roster.

you can't take any of this stuff seriously. Its a dumb game, with dumb betting and it unfortunately has become money entertainment....and big money. Whenever there is big money...it becomes unpure. It becomes stained...its kinda a thing with human history
Your going all in on this, i admire your conviction and hope like hell that your right!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Going to disagree on this one. We will already be overwhelmed with competition at the qb spot, I don't see much if any benefit to having a career backup qb with almost no eligibility left come in and take up a scholarship for a year where he likely won't play, and even if he does play it doesn't give us any continuity because he will be gone soon. Would rather that scholly be a 1-year and go to a walkon who's busted his *** for Tech his whole career.
Agree. I doubt he would make the top 3 here.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Remember Aubrey Solomon?
USA Today: Tennessee Volunteers coach Jeremy Pruitt unsure if Michigan has helped Aubrey Solomon case
Meanwhile, Tennessee continues to wait on confirmation or denial of a waiver for defensive lineman Aubrey Solomon with a week left before its season-opener against Georgia State. Solomon transferred to Tennessee from Michigan in December.

“I don’t know exactly what the previous institution has done,” Pruitt said. “I know what we have done. I know what we have done for young men who have left our program. I’m not sure that is the same across the country. I don’t know. I can’t say one way or the other.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Mississippi State QB Keytaon Thompson entered the transfer portal after not being named the MSU starting quarterback. I hope he considers coming to GT because the football team could use him.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...fer-portal-day-after-not-being-named-starter/
It's nice to have as much talent on your roster as possible but I just feel that if you're a backup there you're a backup here. The QBs we have are just capable if not more so.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
UM/ Ann Arbor is far too similar to UGA/ Athens.

For no reason, this quote brought something up for me after reading -

How many of y'all have been to Athens other than for clean, old-fashioned hate? With Athens being so close and most of us knowing friends at UGA, do y'all go every now-and-then or will you never go?

I've never been and will never go haha!

Animal02

Banned
For no reason, this quote brought something up for me after reading -

How many of y'all have been to Athens other than for clean, old-fashioned hate? With Athens being so close and most of us knowing friends at UGA, do y'all go every now-and-then or will you never go?

I've never been and will never go haha!
Have not been in Athens in 35 years.....has something to do with living 700 miles away.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
no, vegas is not paying off the NCAA, they are the same organization. (not really of course, but decisions by the NCAA are bounced off vegas for a myriad of reasons, the least being active game fixing)

yes, its tin hat, conspiracy stuff. Unfortunately, enough game fixing has happened with some of it being caught, and the timing is often unreal. For instance you watch lines move before the public ever knows one thing, but vegas and the whales somehow knew and caught wind.

the reason is due to that relationship. NFL has it, NBA too...its bad...its dirty. Its all an active organization, the sport organization, the tv and ratings, and vegas.

of course, thats what I kinda believe and for me its fun to watch this stuff happen

Right now this is undeniable. The GT betting line moved BIG in the last 24-48 hours. Big to alot of money going now to the under after the initial waivers were denied. Vegas stands to make money as of this morning if GT wins more than 4 games. 5 days ago, vegas stood to lose money if GT won more than 4 games. So; my prediction, and I will probably be TOTALLY wrong but thats the fun of conspiracies, by my prediction is I can see the appeals being approved now. Before, there is no way they would have been. But alot of money moved to the under to affect a odds repost in 24 hours is a huge indication of why now vegas his interest to get more talent on our roster.

you can't take any of this stuff seriously. Its a dumb game, with dumb betting and it unfortunately has become money entertainment....and big money. Whenever there is big money...it becomes unpure. It becomes stained...its kinda a thing with human history
I strenuously disagree sir. I believe the man in the picture is wearing an aluminum foil hat. Do they even make tinfoil anymore?