NCAA Basketball

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am starting this thread to post about teams/games not involving GT or other ACC teams. Start with Gonzaga v. UCLA on ESPN tonight. The game doesn't air until 10 PM so you probably should set your DVR to record it. These two are both 5-0 and ranked #1 and #2. A rematch of the NCAAT Final Four game.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
SCWBB held UConn to 3 points in the final quarter yesterday afternoon, and out rebounded them 41-26 for the game. Pressure defense lead to running in transition for fast break points. Boston had her 31st career double-double. With Cardoso at 6’61/2” it doesn’t seem fair to have guards who can score too!

With all of their experience, I almost want to give them the Natty today.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Zags beat Cent. Mich. last night 107-54. They had to play the starters through the 3rd quarter, as it wasn’t a true blowout until CMU got tired and in deep foul trouble. UCLA will be a true test tonight. Undefeated Duke on Friday with Moore, Keels, Williams, Banchero, as the Devils reload during Alphabashetzki‘s last 6 months. He then will clean out the local drug stores supply of black shoe polish for retirement.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Dayton (2-3) just hit a shot at the buzzer to beat #4 Kansas. The mid-majors are killing it this season.
They were ahead most of the game. It was not really a fluke.
Dookie V. said OMG, at least three times. He thought he was going to meet Him, a few weeks ago.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Bill Self vs. Rick Pitino in the consolation game of a holiday tournament that has Belmont vs. Dayton for the championship feels really strange. I believe things will eventually settle back into something more familiar, but this has been a crazy season so far.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have watched a bunch of games this year where I thought the winner was a truly great team (Gonzaga, Duke, etc.) and last night it was Villanova in the 2nd half. Each time my admiration for those teams was shattered by a subsequent loss to a seriously not so great team. I am pretty sure the same will happen to Nova.

BTW, that Villanova/Syracuse game reminded me of the great MSG Big East Tournament games of years past.

Did I mention that I love college basketball???