Ricky Jeune - 70
Lynn Grifin - 70
Donovan Wilson - 69
Corey Alford? - 68
Anthony Harrell - 66
Adrian Gardner - 66

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
I never expect much out of their player ratings.  Always just do it myself.

Gruffy, you expecting a decent game this year?  Any talk of improvements that will make option offenses work better?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Hope Vad is listed as 90+ for speed.

I think I got every copy from NCAA '09 but most likely will skip '14.

GruffyMcGuiness

Georgia Tech Fan
I never expect much out of their player ratings. Always just do it myself.

Gruffy, you expecting a decent game this year? Any talk of improvements that will make option offenses work better?
Sorry for the delay... This is the first time in a long time I've been excited about NCAA. If you haven't, check out the demo. The option game have been updated tremendously. I'll have the game Friday. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Sorry for the delay... This is the first time in a long time I've been excited about NCAA. If you haven't, check out the demo. The option game have been updated tremendously. I'll have the game Friday. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

No sweat. That's good to hear. I'll check out the demo. I was thinking about not getting it this year cause I hate EA and I haven't seen many improvements the last couple years. Maybe I'll buy it used. Anybody know how fast people typically start trading in games at gamestop? I've never bought a used one from there.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
It takes a long time for anyone to trade in NCAA...usually right before the new one is out.

GruffyMcGuiness

Georgia Tech Fan
No sweat. That's good to hear. I'll check out the demo. I was thinking about not getting it this year cause I hate EA and I haven't seen many improvements the last couple years. Maybe I'll buy it used. Anybody know how fast people typically start trading in games at gamestop? I've never bought a used one from there.
From what I've heard, if you pre order at ToysRus, you get a $25 gift card. Not positive if true or not. A used copy at GameStop will be $55 for a month or two then about 45. If any of y'all get it for Xbox I'll have a named roster for every team, especially Tech (Equipment, height/weight, hometowns etc.) by the end of next week like every year.

GruffyMcGuiness

Georgia Tech Fan
Is there a video or something that shows this? I took a look at the GT vs. WVU demo video on youtube and it didn't look that different than '13.
I don't think there's one for Tech other than that one since it doesn't come out til tomorrow. I'd rent it at Redbox if I were you and see what you think. You can tell a huge difference when you're playing.

Brian

Georgia Tech Fan
People need to edit the rosters and put names on all the players. Anyone have any idea if anyone has edited tech?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Couple of points about the game:

GT Roster mistakes:

Jeremiah Attaucho at LB
Pat Gamble and Euclid Cummings at DE
Jemea Thomas at FS
Broderick Snoddy at AB
BJ Bostic at BB
Francis Kallon listed as #1 DT overall
David Sims listed as highest overall rated player on the team... (He is good and I love him but this is generous)
Isaiah Johnson is a white male with a brown beard.
ETC....

Mechanics of the game and presentation:

Much better graphic quality this year IMO. Player movement especially with the left joy stick is more fluid and user friendly. The Infinity Engine seems legit. Offensive Line blocking and interaction at the point of attack with the Defensive Line seems more realistic.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I have been using the Flexbone since NCAA09 and it has come a looooooonnnnngggg way. It is currently about as realistic as you can get. But certain plays they still can't get right. The GT rocket toss deadly in real life, but not so much in the game. The fake toss counter being the same play that Orwin broke his 95 yard run against Kansas... Yeah they can't get it right even though they tried to install a variation of this play out of the wingbone formations. And the trap option is still a bit off too. But the Midline is very effective especially in jumbo packages or with use of a TE. And yes if you make the correct reads on the triple option, trap option, or counter triple options then you will make huge gains in yardage.