NC State

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have to go to a damn dinner party and will miss the game. :(

I think we need to win 6 of the next 9 (NC State, VT and UVa) to get in the top 6 of the ACC.

Hopefully we get back to sound baseball tonight and not that cluster f we saw on Wednesday.

Go GT (y)(y)(y):facepalm:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow, look at our pitching. Heddinger 8 1/3 shut out. Then Sam Clay comes in and throws 18 strikes in 21 pitches. This is the same guy who blew up 2 or 3 games in a row. Our pitching staff is doing a great job. No errors either!!

Duke beats Wake. So we are tied for 6th with Wake and a game behind Duke. If we take care of business, all will be fine. 5 more wins in the 8 games and we should be top 6 ACC.

NC State put their best pitcher against us. Tough loss for the Rodon. He came back after a high draft pick to help his team to the CWS and it has all fallen apart for the Pack this year. I like NC State, but of course am glad we won.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Smith singles, steals second with one out...... baseball is a great game in that you can leave it and pick it up quick.

We load bases with two outs and strike out.

Now T5 and still 0-0.

I'm shifting over to WREK for the rally effect .......

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We pitched well, fielded well, got hits, just not timely hits. It was a beautiful day and we were patient at the plate and chased their starter in the fourth. But not enough :eek: It was a well played loss, not a brain seizure like the Mercer loss with four errors and allowing a run to steal home.

We need the win tomorrow, Duke beat Wake again so they have 2 games on us. But we are still tied with Wake for 6th. If the bats don't get going it won't matter.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Second time in a few days were we lose a 1 run game where a runner was thrown out at home plate. The 3rd base coach needs to know the outfielders' arm strengths as part of the scouting report, right? Missed opportunities IMO.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Second time in a few days were we lose a 1 run game where a runner was thrown out at home plate. The 3rd base coach needs to know the outfielders' arm strengths as part of the scouting report, right? Missed opportunities IMO.
today's was off of a relay... NCSt just made a great play.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another day, another game. UNC is also tied with us record wise. So three teams tied for sixth - GT, Wake and UNC. We desperately need a win today, a sweep of VT and one win against UVa to be likely to make it to top six. We could do worse and get in the top 6 since others have some tough series (Wake has Miami and UVa).

Looking forward to next weekend - I'll be going to some of the VT games along with graduation. :):happy: Looks like great weather in ATL next weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Game started ... ESPN3 announcers don't include Wes. Day to listen to WREK.

Spingola led off with a single. Then after two SOs, stole 2nd. Good baseball.

Walk for Smith , we are running up the pitch count (y)

Then long fly out. Nothing in 1st, but playing the game the right way.