NC State Postgame

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The NCState QB must have been working on strength and conditioning, too, because his QB sneaks, while expected, we’re effective and he flat ran over our MLB on one play I saw.

I think our conditioning in particular is way better than last year. Defense doesn't seem to be nearly as gassed toward the end of the game. Yes, we need more strength, just as we needed more strength last year. But the S&C coach can only do so much with what he has. Tackling, while still needing improvement, is better this year than last.

Deleted member 2897

The NCState QB must have been working on strength and conditioning, too, because his QB sneaks, while expected, we’re effective and he flat ran over our MLB on one play I saw.

I saw that too and was embarrassed for Curry. The QB is coming, and instead of really laying the wood on him in a head on collision, he kind of just held still and the QB trucked right through him. He got an extra like 7 yards from where he would have gone down.

Jmonty71

Banned
Great win. There is still a lot to improve on. NC State's mistakes really helped. I thought the time management could of been better. I think the offense could be a little less predictable. But, a win is a win. We'll need our absolute best game of the year, to compete next week. Go Jackets!!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I will add, end of 1st half, NC ST has ball inside our 10 with like 3 min left, we let them run down clock with 3 timeout left in our pocket. I would have used TO to save time for one last drive in the half. They got to 4th down and let clock run down for timeout and run last play leaving us with very little time on the clock for final drive

We had over 2 minutes for the final drive, which is more than enough time, especially with 3 time outs. The other side is that if we didn't connect, then saving time might have left them with a chance at points. It nearly did as is, because we went 3 and out and had to punt to them with ~50 second left.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
.... Tackling, while still needing improvement, is better this year than last.

It's better than any time in the past 9 years or so. Definitely FAR better than Coach Woody defenses were doing. We take far better angles to ball carriers and wrap up better these days than in recent memory. Opposing ball carriers don't bounce off us anymore like they had been doing.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
good win. Our DL struggled, and NC State took advantage of that. If our DL could have held up even somewhat decently against the run, we win this thing by two touchdowns (meaning we out performed in all other areas, in my opinion).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think our conditioning in particular is way better than last year. Defense doesn't seem to be nearly as gassed toward the end of the game. Yes, we need more strength, just as we needed more strength last year. But the S&C coach can only do so much with what he has. Tackling, while still needing improvement, is better this year than last.

I think a big part of not being as gassed is substituting more so that more players share the load.

But you can't coach DL size and that's what we need to stop the run up the middle.

Agree tackling is much better than it has been. Still missed tackles but not as many.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
So just now getting to this.
The good
We won
Mason was great and we committed more to the run
Graham had some great throws and ran well, knowing when to run.
The option works, run more of it
Harvin is a weapon, bottom line

The bad
Uh run defense. I fear next week Swift and crew may rack up 400 yards on us
We need to recognize that on 3rd and 8, we do not need to throw a 50 yard pass. We need to move the chains and keep the defense off the field.
Practice mesh point during the week.
We need to slow the game down to limit our defensive snaps. NCST had about 50 Off. snaps at the half. Our Dfense was spent early in the 4th qtr. Utimately, what we do will not matter if UGAG commits to running the ball. To HELL with Georgia!!

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
The Saga Pat McAfee who called the game last night. Had high praise for the coaching staff and program after covering them for past few days. He was impressed and was all about Collins. He stated that if Collins can recruit and win transfer battles in the epicenter of ATL with his charisma that we would be a Playoff level team in 3 more years and us and Clemson will be 1a and 1b

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The Saga Pat McAfee who called the game last night. Had high praise for the coaching staff and program after covering them for past few days. He was impressed and was all about Collins. He stated that if Collins can recruit and win transfer battles in the epicenter of ATL with his charisma that we would be a Playoff level team in 3 more years and us and Clemson will be 1a and 1b
I don't see us being a playoff team in 3 years , hope for 9 wins would be good.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Hope our bag men are ready.

3 years? Lol. Don't you know we are going through the most monumental transition in the history of football??? I think in three years we may be able to match the awesome powerhouse that is Temple.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow

3 years? Lol. Don't you know we are going through the most monumental transition in the history of football??? I think in three years we may be able to match the awesome powerhouse that is Temple.
I mean we beat Miami at Miami, and almost beat Virginia at Virginia and that's with our banged up Oline and running an offense that none of the players were recruited for.

I could easily see us being really good in 2-3 years.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow

Neutral yet Influential Person: Georgia Tech is going to be great soon, there are good things happening.

Potential Recruit: Well that sounds promising, I should probably consider Georgia Tech.

Georgia Tech Fan: ACKCHYUALLY, WE'RE HORRIBLE AND HAVE NOTHING GOING FOR US, YOU SHOULD GO TO CLEMSON.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Neutral yet Influential Person: Georgia Tech is going to be great soon, there are good things happening.

Potential Recruit: Well that sounds promising, I should probably consider Georgia Tech.

Georgia Tech Fan: ACKCHYUALLY, WE'RE HORRIBLE AND HAVE NOTHING GOING FOR US, YOU SHOULD GO TO CLEMSON.
Current GT player: Am I really so terrible that my lack of talent is turning a playoff level coach into a 3-9 losing to FCS teams coach?