NC st. Vs GT, Battle to Stay/Get Out of the Basement

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
CPJ's post game presser should be interesting as to what shade of lipstick 💄 he'll put on the pig 🐖 tonight.

Probably how we fought through after being down 30 points and only losing by 15.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
But this shouldn’t happen. Tech shouldn’t be 10-14 and 3-10. They just shouldn’t. We all should expect more. And if we strike out on transfers then we have nobody coming in. I am just very frustrated by this.
Agree. I hate to think we have sunk so low that we are trying to justify the really bad team that we have. This is unacceptable and we need to demand that we do better. There is no reason not to have a good team with all of the talent in this region, the great arena we have, and the fact that pro scouts can come by and watch any time they want. It should be much easier for Tech to build a good basketball program than in football. I like CJP as a person but this cannot continue. Would not want to be TStan right now..

BuzzBy

Georgia Tech Fan

ap·a·thy​

/ˈapəTHē/

noun
lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
"widespread apathy among students"
synonyms: indifference, lack of interest, lack of enthusiasm, lack of concern, unconcern, uninterestedness, unresponsiveness, impassivity, passivity, passiveness, detachment, dispassion, dispassionateness, lack of involvement, phlegm, coolness, listlessness, lethargy, languor, lassitude, torpor, boredom, ennui, accidie, acedia, mopery

We either get off to a good start and can't see it through or we get off to a poor start and can't catch up.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
I support this team through thick and thin, but I believe the thin level can't get any thinner.
The first half was the worst I have seen under Pastner. No effective defense, horrible shooting and overall not caring, leading to frustration. I hope we hit the portal hard in the off season.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking we would be around 500 this year, but not this bad. Lack of court awareness, terrible shooting, undisciplined playing. We need a PG that can provide court presence and leadership among other things we need. Hope CJP can hit the portal hard and get this team ready for next season. Unfortunately, I’m not optimistic that he can change enough things to be competitive next year. Starting to remind me of the Gregory years which I didn’t think we would return to.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You just can't come out that flat in conference play. It can't happen.
Whew…That was as bad a start as I believe I’ve ever seen, in any game, ever. It never got a lot better. We shot multiple air balls, balls off the side the backboard, we would get a turnover and then dribble it off our foot out of bounds.

Nothing went right. Left at the break tonight, and I still got caught in a 45 minute traffic delay going home. That’s pretty much sums up the night!

Keep ya heads up guys and let’s come out for some redemption against Pitt.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Major reason why we're losing who would play hard if that is happening game after game. Move the ball
Or adjust the offense so ball movement is forced. Pastner knew the limitations of this team coming into the season but tried to run the same O

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It’s nothing against the players individually, but as a team, there’s very few redeeming qualities on this squad.
Usher and at times Devoe. They may be trying to carry the team by themselves . There just isn't any consistency with this team. Howard had a decent game finally. Mike in a slump?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Whew…That was as bad a start as I believe I’ve ever seen, in any game, ever. It never got a lot better. We shot multiple air balls, balls off the side the backboard, we would get a turnover and then dribble it off our foot out of bounds.

Nothing went right. Left at the break tonight, and I still got caught in a 45 minute traffic delay going home. That’s pretty much sums up the night!

Keep ya heads up guys and let’s come out for some redemption against Pitt.
I agree with " nothing went right ". No effort, wrong player with the ball in his hand, gawd awful passes, Pastner looking like he had no answers for anything going on!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Losing to a team with 6 straight losses and at home without major injuries to our starters is very troubling. Lose to Pitt and we lose out. Very few positives for this team. At least we beat the dwags. Time for spring.