NBA Thread

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Horcats have a really good GM. They could be a top 4 team next year. By Utah matching Hayward, they could end up with a far better player for cheaper. Big question is will they be able to corral him?

I wouldn't sign him to more than a 2 year deal.

They gotta hope this offseason has convinced him he's not as good as he thinks he is.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yea that's a hell of a deal and I'm sure he'll play his butt off because he'll think he's undervalued and want a bigger contract. We got a fantastic deal and someone else will probably get screwed by him in 4 years.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yea that's a hell of a deal and I'm sure he'll play his butt off because he'll think he's undervalued and want a bigger contract. We got a fantastic deal and someone else will probably get screwed by him in 4 years.

Problem is, after the allstar snub, Lance supposedly had 'something to prove' which led to more selfish play.

As a Hawks fan I'm rooting for Lance to step in and impose his will. Go Lance! No need to feed the post, just hoist up that 20ft, fadeaway 2. You da man Lance! Nevermind what coach says, he just don't realize you were "Born Ready". Tricky-dribble out the first 20 sec of clock then barrel into the lane out of control. It's gotta end well ... right? :smug::shifty:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After hearing Steve Clifford speak during a summer league game, doesn't seem like the type of guy to take any ish.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
A big Ric Flair "WOOOOOO" on this signing. Turned down 5yrs/$44mil from the Pacers to make the Hornets arguably the 2nd-3rd best team in the East. Says a lot about Pacers imo

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A big Ric Flair "WOOOOOO" on this signing. Turned down 5yrs/$44mil from the Pacers to make the Hornets arguably the 2nd-3rd best team in the East. Says a lot about Pacers imo

Could be it says a lot about him. Listening to NBA radio, the prevailing sentiment there was that it was the years that Lance didn't like about the Pacers deal. Can't say I blame him.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Lance Stephenson is not the answer. I hope we can land Boozer seems like the Hornets are going all in for 2nd or 3rd in the East. lol

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lance Stephenson is not the answer. I hope we can land Boozer seems like the Hornets are going all in for 2nd or 3rd in the East. lol

I'm with @Ibeeballin on this one. Boozer doesn't do anything for us especially with Millsap, Horford, Payne and all our other PF's on the roster. Plus I can't see Boozer coming here over somewhere like Miami.

Also, not sure I'm cool with Ferry constantly going after his Duke buddies almost by default.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
ATL1 post: 60450 said:

Still will win my bet with you ;)