NBA Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
3rd year of Morrow deal is team option.

Indifferent on Melo. Probably keeps us relevant in the East. We're getting younger with Shump, Hardaway Jr., Early, Tyler. Will have some good cap space next year to try and add to foundation.

My biggest complaint about the Knicks has always been that Dolan's win now mindset has never fostered good decisions while leaving us over the cap with no young assets to develop. Seems like Phil finally has us to be in better position by taking a more measured approach.

I actually really like what Philly is doing and I think they're going to look like geniuses after a couple more years of pain.

ETA: Looks like Melo might actually be stepping up and taking less money. Good for him We'll see if that's the final #.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hmm. Ariza to Houston, 4yrs/$32 mil. Still planning on matching Parsons?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport.../?hootPostID=04fe3dc7f5104134c710913881871b90
The Rockets have until Sunday to decide whether or not to match Chandler Parsons' three-year, $46 million offer sheet from the Dallas Mavericks, and it appears they are still considering doing so. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey is intrigued with the idea of using Parsons as a stretch power forward at times and increasing the team's depth with the Ariza-Parsons approach.

Can my Hawks have access to this money-oak the Rockets appear to be growing in south TX?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They've got plenty of money in Houston, but the Ariza deal & Parsons should put them pretty well over the cap.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Marvin Williams two years 14 million with the Hornets. .price you pay when you need a PF bad.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Lebron James 2 yrs $42.1 million with a 1 yr option. We get to enjoy more decisions! He'll stay in Cleveland though he's just being smart and will get more money once television contracts get renewed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Hawks will be a playoff team too bad that's all we'll be... sigh

What you don't think the signing of all-world bench cheerleader, Kent Bazemore, is that power-move? :smuggrin:

Seriously though, Ferry trying to follow the Spurs' model in free agency will be the death of us. He missed the key issue when he was shuffling papers as Buford's assistant, the Spurs already have their difference-makers in place so they can afford to just sign guys that 'fit the system'. He's trying to do that here but doesn't realize that strategy doesn't work in reverse.

The fact that he's missed on just about all his 1st round picks is just icing on top of a sh*tty cake. The worst part is if he keeps us 'in the hunt' and in the playoffs he'll be here for a long time. Nevermind the fact that making the playoffs in the East is about as easy as ... [insert Kardashian joke here]. :hilarious:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love it. So what did the Nets end up with for those 3 1st rd picks? KG & Jarrett Jack?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
What you don't think the signing of all-world bench cheerleader, Kent Bazemore, is that power-move? :smuggrin:

Seriously though, Ferry trying to follow the Spurs' model in free agency will be the death of us. He missed the key issue when he was shuffling papers as Buford's assistant, the Spurs already have their difference-makers in place so they can afford to just sign guys that 'fit the system'. He's trying to do that here but doesn't realize that strategy doesn't work in reverse.

The fact that he's missed on just about all his 1st round picks is just icing on top of a sh*tty cake. The worst part is if he keeps us 'in the hunt' and in the playoffs he'll be here for a long time. Nevermind the fact that making the playoffs in the East is about as easy as ... [insert Kardashian joke here]. :hilarious:

I like Schoeder a lot I think he's gonna be special. Payne is a good value pick no superstar but if he gets time I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in ROY running he has great athleticism & skillset. But you are right no superstars. I hate that we traded BeBe, but have you seen the Tavares kid ? He's massive.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I love it. So what did the Nets end up with for those 3 1st rd picks? KG & Jarrett Jack?

Hawks own the right to swap 1st rnders with the Nets next season so bad news for them is a welcome sight. Was hoping for more Kidd though

I like Schoeder a lot I think he's gonna be special. Payne is a good value pick no superstar but if he gets time I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in ROY running he has great athleticism & skillset. But you are right no superstars. I hate that we traded BeBe, but have you seen the Tavares kid ? He's massive.

If we had about 3-4 more years to bring him along I'd agree Schroder could be something. He's just still too raw and he's not gonna get any gametime here with Teague and Mack in front of him. Missed their summer league game so I haven't seen Tavares yet.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How long before they throw Schroder in there ahead of Shelvin Mack? If Mack stays ahead of him, you might as well move Schroder now for value while you can.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Mack not even get signed. Scott either.
If Lamar Patterson continues to impress.
John Jenkins $$ is guaranteed so he's not leaving.
Bazemore & Schef
Mack my be odd man out.
Schoeder has a way higher ceiling than Mack or any other point guard for that matter, and I'm including Teague. He's has something that Teague doesn't have and that DOG in him. He has to learn how to better finish at the rim though, which means hitting the weights.
@kg01 @dtm1997

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
How long before they throw Schroder in there ahead of Shelvin Mack? If Mack stays ahead of him, you might as well move Schroder now for value while you can.

Tough call. Do you ride with him this year and let Mack walk? If he's still not ready, do you trade him while he still has value built on mysterious intrigue?

Agree with @ATL1 that he has a high ceiling, just not sure how close to it he is.

Lastly, congrats on getting Melo back.