NBA Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The kettle corn comment about Billy Knight is accurate. After he was ousted far far to late by the Hawks, I saw him pounding a bag of it on several occasions at GT hoops games.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He was the "basketball expert" wasn't he.. If you listened to 790TheZone then you'd get it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He was the "basketball expert" wasn't he.. If you listened to 790TheZone then you'd get it.

Oh no, he was "considered" the basketball expert here. :p

Truth be told, he built a 50-game winner here and started this playoff streak the ASG is so keen on continuing. Drafted like a bull-headed, jack-a** though. And apparently had a mean kettle corn habit. ;)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Shelden Williams at #5. Oh wait, let me not draft Chris Paul when I need a PG. LOL! He was the worst.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Oh no, he was "considered" the basketball expert here. :p

Truth be told, he built a 50-game winner here and started this playoff streak the ASG is so keen on continuing. Drafted like a bull-headed, jack-a** though. And apparently had a mean kettle corn habit. ;)

He was/is a complete A-hole. He'll be remembered for his misses far more than his one certified hit. Passing on Deng for Childress, Passing on Chris Paul for Marvin Williams, and the GAWD awful drafting of Sheldon Williams. 3 less than mediocre forwards sorry the more I think about it he was effin Terrible.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
He was/is a complete A-hole. He'll be remembered for his misses far more than his one certified hit. Passing on Deng for Childress, Passing on Chris Paul for Marvin Williams, and the GAWD awful drafting of Sheldon Williams. 3 less than mediocre forwards sorry the more I think about it he was effin Terrible.

Knew those were bad moves at the time.

Also the Acie Law selction that 07 year.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I will say this though (I'm not defending him, simply stating fact), that year it was Bogut and Marvin Williams 1 and 2 and they were considered far and away the top two guys that year. That selection ended up terribly for the Hawks obviously, but I don't really give Senor Afro a hard time about that one in particular.

It's kinda like Damian Lillard in the 2012 or whichever draft. If he'd been selected over MKG it would've been highly criticized although it has turned out to be a mistake.

I know I sound like a raving lunatic but if he'd taken Deron or Paul at 2 it would've been panned as a reach for need while passing over the second coming of James Worthy with a jumpshot. Then again, that's what good GM's do. They see past the obvious and make the right selection for their team/future.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Had he picked Critt and kept him home around his support network, when they needed a PG STILL, they'd probably have a great big guard and we probably wouldn't have read that article last week.

Also, Marvin may have been the clear 2nd best potential player, although since proven wrong, the Hawks NEEDED a PG with dire need and Paul WANTED to go to ATL. With Deron & CP3 going 3rd & 4th, respectively, I don't think he'd have been panned. Especially when the (few) fans knew a PG was needed.

BK was truly a putz... who absolutely LOVES kettle corn.

In other news, Nerlens Noel looked pretty good today and that game is about to be replayed on NBA TV if you need a fix.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lol, who would take Hibbert?

He's a big who actually was very good at times over the past 2 years. Plus, all it takes is one GM who believes he just needs a change of scenery. Anyone can look at that Indy situation and see there's something not right there. Teams took Asik and his balloon payment. I'd bet money Milwaukee would take Hibbs if it means they can unload Sanders (drug addict, anger mgt issues, $11mil/year deal kicks in this coming year).

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The PJ Hairston news was hilarious. So glad the Knicks didn't draft him, as I feared they might.

If anyone's looking for a chuckle and to instigate some nonsense...