NBA Thread

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
(snickering) Hawks sign Thabo Sefalosha 3yr/$12Mil.

How is this improvement over Carroll? Maybe defensively

I've said all along that Ferry's goal is simply to keep us in the playoffs. This move does that since Sefalosha is basically an upgrade over Cartier Martin. Now, is that a good thing? Nope.

I could make a strong argument that Sefalosha is on a decline and he's already over 30. He could possibly have been had for deal near the minimum yet we give him 3 years and $4mil per. Sigh. The only silver lining is that this could be a periphery deal to a much larger deal. It's doubtful but that's all I have to hang my hat on at this point.

Anybody think LeBron's really considering leaving Miami? I'll believe it after Melo signs somewhere.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I've said all along that Ferry's goal is simply to keep us in the playoffs. This move does that since Sefalosha is basically an upgrade over Cartier Martin. Now, is that a good thing? Nope.

I could make a strong argument that Sefalosha is on a decline and he's already over 30. He could possibly have been had for deal near the minimum yet we give him 3 years and $4mil per. Sigh. The only silver lining is that this could be a periphery deal to a much larger deal. It's doubtful but that's all I have to hang my hat on at this point.

Anybody think LeBron's really considering leaving Miami? I'll believe it after Melo signs somewhere.

It is heating up...but for the life of me I just cant see him a Cav again.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It is heating up...but for the life of me I just cant see him a Cav again.

Seems so. Probably needs to happen. Bosh can go to another team and stop depressing his game. I concur on Cle, why go back to the Cavs to break in a new coach and a bunch of young guys who haven't won anything (ever) ... oh and a new coach who's never been a HC in the league?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Reports are that Gordon Hayward will meet with the Hornets next week...hell, we have some money. Why not toss it around...would like this move a lot better than Stephson. Although I don't see Hayward really considering the Hornets.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Joe Kotoch: If LeBron leaves Miami the prevailing thought is Chris Bosh prefers to stay but suddenly his salary demands do too. Houston a real option. Twitter @Probballdraft

One of those people, an executive with a rival team, said the growing belief around the league is that Bosh would prefer a four-year max deal with another team to a discounted longer deal with Miami. CBSSports.com

One of those people, an executive with a rival team, said the growing belief around the league is that Bosh would prefer a four-year max deal with another team to a discounted longer deal with Miami. CBSSports.com

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I am also surprised there has not been much talk about Greg Monroe. I must be higher on him than others.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Seems so. Probably needs to happen. Bosh can go to another team and stop depressing his game. I concur on Cle, why go back to the Cavs to break in a new coach and a bunch of young guys who haven't won anything (ever) ... oh and a new coach who's never been a HC in the league?

Kyrie is good but he is not great...then you have Andrew Wiggins who is a rookie and who knows how good he will be....Thomson, Waiters and Jack is the rest.

Really not a good team IMO.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I am also surprised there has not been much talk about Greg Monroe. I must be higher on him than others.

Monroe is a defensive liability and a dinosaur on O, oh and he's seeking a max deal. Good post game but lacks the range most teams are now coveting. JMHO.

I like him for the Hawks as a Horford replacement, but not at near max.

Agree on Irving. He's becoming overrated. He plays no D.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've gotta catch up on this thread and I know a lot of us are watching World Cup, but if you need a fix, NBA Summer League is on NBA TV all day today.

Celts are on now, Orlando/Sixers at 1PM, couple of other less interesting games on afterwards.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Reilly talking to Deng. It's a good move if he can remain healthy but that would mean Wade would be on the bench. That would be a dramatic move for Wade.

Durant & Westbrook are alluring Gasol. Good move and major upgrade but Durant still needs to hit the gym.

I still think Melo ends up in Chicago & they bringin in their Euro big expect them to amnesty Boozer.

Suns look like they gonna try to outscore everybody.

My Hawks doing their best to remain mediocre and irrelevant.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How much they paying Melo when they amnesty Boozer and sign the Euro? Remind me how that cap math works, since I don't think it's enough.

Why is Wade going to the bench if the Heat sign an SF?

Agree on the Hawks. Billy Knight says hello with a bag full of kettle corn.

Josh Joseph

Georgia Tech Fan
Reilly talking to Deng. It's a good move if he can remain healthy but that would mean Wade would be on the bench. That would be a dramatic move for Wade.

Durant & Westbrook are alluring Gasol. Good move and major upgrade but Durant still needs to hit the gym.

I still think Melo ends up in Chicago & they bringin in their Euro big expect them to amnesty Boozer.

Suns look like they gonna try to outscore everybody.

My Hawks doing their best to remain mediocre and irrelevant.

Outside of signing lebron what are the hawks supposed to be doing to take the next step?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I don't think Monroe is a max player but I still think he should get some money...especially with the $ getting thrown around right now.

I don't see Melo going to the Bulls.

Josh Joseph

Georgia Tech Fan
@ATL1 if the hawks sign deng (as long as they don't overpay) I say that's a successful off season for a team that was 3rd in the east before al went down

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
How much they paying Melo when they amnesty Boozer and sign the Euro? Remind me how that cap math works, since I don't think it's enough.

Agree on the Hawks. Billy Knight says hello with a bag full of kettle corn.

Read they already told Booz he'll be amnestied if they can't trade him, thus he comes off their cap IIUC.

Also, you're not my friend anymore due to the BK mention. :shifty:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Outside of signing lebron what are the hawks supposed to be doing to take the next step?

Its tough for us. Maybe sign Deng, Jordan Hill then try to SnT Horford for Bosh once James leaves for LA? I'm dreaming of course but my point is they've gotta get creative.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Why is Wade going to the bench if the Heat sign an SF?

Where they gonna play Deng? SF is Bron Bron's position. Deng will be the shooting guard most likely.
Wade can't stay on the court & when he's on the court it's extremely hit or miss & the misses look really bad.
Another thing I can't see the Heat resigning Wade for more coin than Bosh, I just wouldn't make sense. They need to tell Bosh to get back in the paint so they can make him the 2nd scoring option, cause right now he's looking like Sam Perkins 2.0.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
@ATL1 if the hawks sign deng (as long as they don't overpay) I say that's a successful off season for a team that was 3rd in the east before al went down

I'd rather they upgrade or add depth at this point than to overpay for Deng.
Kent Bazemore
Paul Gasol
could add depth add scoring and give us a punch off the bench more than just adding Deng. Plus we could do some damage in the playoffs with that bench.