NBA Draft Tonight

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Florida had an outstanding season, driven by seniors. Nobody drafted last night.

Their guys were gamers but unfortunately didn't fit the narrow ht/wt/speed/etc. measurements NBA folks drool over. I think they'll all make a good living playing basketball though. I honestly thought Patric Young(?) would be better suited trying the Antonio Gates thing and going to the NFL. Could be a monster DE.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Payne was one of my favorites. He's a better version of Horford/Milsap, so bye bye one of yous..
Yep we need an athletic wing player in the worse way. Have to look towards FA.
We signed Prather to the Summer League squad btw.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@jeffgt14 Bucher essentially retracted the story. Also, it doesn't make sense on 2 levels.
1) While going to play with LeBron would clearly be attractive, resigning Lowry is Toronto's #1 priority. I think they'll make every effort there before S&T-ing him to Miami.
2) Bosh, and it's been essentially documented in some recent articles, checked his ego at the door to win championships. Longer deal, more money, I'm not convinced.

The Big 3 salaries have returned to the $20MM mark. The hope is to reset that back to $12MM-$15MM each to make room for impactful players. LeBron can do that easily given his endorsements. Bosh seems like he lives a nice lifestyle and is smart enough, wouldn't be surprised to see him as a highly successful business man after his playing days are over. Question is if Wade is ready to sacrifice again and get a gtd deal of $55MM-$60MM over next 4 years or take $40MM next 2 and take his chances on what he can get 2 years out. We'll know tomorrow night if Bosh & Wade both opt out.

@ATL1 - I really haven't watched the Hawks since I left Atlanta, but I'm fairly certain that Payne is a different player than Horford & Millsap and he's got a ways to go before he's earned the adjective better than those two. How long is Mike Scott signed for, because I'd bet he's the odd man out?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
@dtm1997 my reasoning on Payne is that he is already a better shooter & more athletic than those two, but you are correct I should have said he has the potential to be better than those two.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
@jeffgt14 Bucher essentially retracted the story. Also, it doesn't make sense on 2 levels.
1) While going to play with LeBron would clearly be attractive, resigning Lowry is Toronto's #1 priority. I think they'll make every effort there before S&T-ing him to Miami.
2) Bosh, and it's been essentially documented in some recent articles, checked his ego at the door to win championships. Longer deal, more money, I'm not convinced.

The Big 3 salaries have returned to the $20MM mark. The hope is to reset that back to $12MM-$15MM each to make room for impactful players. LeBron can do that easily given his endorsements. Bosh seems like he lives a nice lifestyle and is smart enough, wouldn't be surprised to see him as a highly successful business man after his playing days are over. Question is if Wade is ready to sacrifice again and get a gtd deal of $55MM-$60MM over next 4 years or take $40MM next 2 and take his chances on what he can get 2 years out. We'll know tomorrow night if Bosh & Wade both opt out.

@ATL1 - I really haven't watched the Hawks since I left Atlanta, but I'm fairly certain that Payne is a different player than Horford & Millsap and he's got a ways to go before he's earned the adjective better than those two. How long is Mike Scott signed for, because I'd bet he's the odd man out?
I hate it when articles like that get published and get refuted immediately. Yea I definitely don't see Bosh going to Toronto or caring how much he scores. I actually think Bosh likes being the third or fourth option.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Not so fast my friend, per Woj, Bronny is seeking the max. Errybody else will just have to get in where he fits in.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dwyane...-keeping-lebron-james-in-miami-173919540.html
While Bosh, Wade and Haslem could ultimately take less money with the early termination outs in their deals, James, the NBA's four-time MVP, is seeking a full maximum contract extension – or something close to it – to stay with Miami, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Per twitter, they've all opted out as of today. I, like you, figured they'd all bring salaries down to facilitate building the roster. Woj is about the most reliable NBA writer there is so I don't doubt his report. Just seems odd and out of place if that's what James is demanding.

ETA: To your question re. Mike Scott, he's a FA this year. If he's re-signed I'd say that signals the end for Horford or Sap via trade.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That is odd about LeBron wanting a max deal. It limits their ability to upgrade the roster and he makes the most in other ventures.