NBA Draft Tonight

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I think the first pick will be Wiggins...

My Hawks pick 15
I have James Young/Kyle Anderson/Payne/or Rodney Hood as my favorites
Prediction
Hawks Draft Dario Saric

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Not sure where my Hornets go tonight.

I think they take McDermott at 9 and Harriston at 24 if he is there.

Torn on how I fill about McDermott.

Think I would rather have Nic Stauskas

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Not sure where my Hornets go tonight.

I think they take McDermott at 9 and Harriston at 24 if he is there.

Torn on how I fill about McDermott.

Think I would rather have Nic Stauskas
I like the Indiana kid. I was glad we didn't take Adam Morrison 2.0

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This guy... thanks Deadspin.

785856685392668080.gif

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love Bill Simmons.

I'm a Celtics hater, which I'll state upfront.

It was one thing when Simmons was a print (web) journalist/blogger and discussed his blatant Celtics homerism. Now he's basically in charge of ESPN's NBA coverage and he talks like the rest of the league should cowtow to make the Celtics the best team in the East again.

Ainge will get them back there, but Simmons really needs to keep his green blood in his veins and not flowing on to the screens.

I do like a lot of his stuff, but he needs to be more measured with the homerism when he has that kind of programming sway.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Side note - if you'd like to know the picks ahead of them being announced, Chad Ford & Adrian Wojnarowski have been nailing them.

Side note #2 - UCLA putting 3 kids in the 1st round tonight does not help us with Jaylen Brown.

jeffgt14

I'm a Celtics hater, which I'll state upfront.

It was one thing when Simmons was a print (web) journalist/blogger and discussed his blatant Celtics homerism. Now he's basically in charge of ESPN's NBA coverage and he talks like the rest of the league should cowtow to make the Celtics the best team in the East again.

Ainge will get them back there, but Simmons really needs to keep his green blood in his veins and not flowing on to the screens.

I do like a lot of his stuff, but he needs to be more measured with the homerism when he has that kind of programming sway.
I guess that's why I like him though. He does his job but at the same time he's a hardcore fan you can relate too. I don't think he's shoving the Celtics down my throat and I respect that he's open about it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Being open about it is one thing. That gif was right after he stated the NBA needs to stop helping the Heat. That's because he thinks they should be helping the Celtics.

Leading up to the draft, every trade scenario he threw out there basically had the Celts fleecing the other side and talking like the other side had no choice but to do the deal.

I like him, but his attitude pumping up the Celts is too much for my taste, just my opinion. Also, you & I would be better draft analyst than him. He should shut it and get out of Bilas' way.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hate Homer Simmons too. Ok to be a fan ... until you're a studio analyst/expert or whatever he is. You didn't mention his fist-pump when the Celtics took Young. If you're just gonna hire fans I'm sure they can find someone more likeable than that turd.

Ok I'm off my soapbox and onto another. What's the deal with Hawks GM's fixating on certain positions? BK/Sund were all about the SF. Now Ferry can't have too many PFs. I think Payne will be a good player but man is he redundant. Hope we make hay in FAgency. Liked picking up Patterson out of Pitt. Heady, complete player

jeffgt14

Odd how few picks come from the A-10 when every year there's 3-4 really good teams going into the tournament. SEC is probably mostly just UK.

EDIT: 50% of the SEC picks are from UK

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Florida had an outstanding season, driven by seniors. Nobody drafted last night.