NBA 2017-2018 season.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Very excited for the start of this season. Can't remember a NBA season getting this much hype in my lifetime. Should be another Warriors vs Cavs finals, as a LeBron fan that's exactly what I want. Figured I'd start a thread where we can talk about Trades, Injuries etc.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Omfg. Looks career-threatening but they say it's just a broken ankle. Looked like his knee spun backwards too or something.

Sheesh. I hate the Smelltics but I don't wish that on nobody. Maybe dt .. nah, not even him

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yea that's awful especially for the first game of the season. Maybe it's one of those looks worse than it actually is sort of deals though.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Now saying his tibia was also broken and ankle was dislocated. I figured it was worse than simply a broken ankle just from looking at it. Also saying all clean breaks and no ligament or blood vessel damage. If true, thats huge for his recovery. IIRC, vessel damage was why Tyrone Prothro never recovered.

Honestly, I'm not sure how they can be so sure there was no damage this early but I sure hope they're right.

Lastly, arguably dirty a** play by Crowder who seemed to undercut Hayward. Jussayin

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That is good news. It sure did look a hell of a lot like Protho's injury.

Dr. Fred Cushner was on NBARadio talking about the injury. Said, if there were all clean breaks, he'll likely be back this year. He had an XFL player (Olineman) back in the day with the same injury and he was back in 3 weeks. They had to play to be paid so that guy pushed it, but the point is, it's nowhere as bad as it seemed.

Also said, had it been a knee dislocation, vessel damage would've been much more likely and potential amputation would've been on the table. Hayward got lucky.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Hell he might be back before IT if it’s all clean breaks. Crazy thing how some of the worst looking injuries are the least damaging.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Cavs not looking so awesome right about now. Though I'm sure they'll stumble in as a 4 seed and destroy the East, creating yet ANOTHER CAvs-Warriors finals.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
LAC trades Flake Griffin to DET for crap. Straight salary dump like 3 months after re-signing him. Crazy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Trade deadline just exploded over Cleveland. They traded errybody!! :LOL:

D Rose? ... gone
Crowder? ... gone
IT? .... double-gone
DWhine Wade? ... gone

:ROFLMAO:

Shumpert .. gone :(