Nazir Burnett Transferring to Temple

TheTimes

Jolly Good Fellow
I foresee we are going to see quite a lot of these inbetween now and next season. Wouldn't be surprised if 10-15 guys end up transferring. Hopefully these guys are making the decision on their own without any real pressure from the coaching staff.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I foresee we are going to see quite a lot of these inbetween now and next season. Wouldn't be surprised if 10-15 guys end up transferring. Hopefully these guys are making the decision on their own without any real pressure from the coaching staff.
I don’t think he would have been pressured by the coaching staff since he was a CGC recruit.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
He has already played in two games (Cu, Temple). Now JC out for the year you would think he would see more PT. I think it’s concerning, not in terms the position and who is coming next year, but since he was one of CGC recruits and not a CPJ holdover. Does anybody know if he is staying in school until the end of the semester?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
He has already played in two games (Cu, Temple). Now JC out for the year you would think he would see more PT. I think it’s concerning, not in terms the position and who is coming next year, but since he was one of CGC recruits and not a CPJ holdover. Does anybody know if he is staying in school until the end of the semester?

He is looking to next year when we have Camp coming back, plus Ezzard, plus 3-4 WRs rated higher as recruits. Would bet good money this is mutual.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I saw him at the Temple game and it seemed like he missed home a lot.

Not surprised by this. Especially with Brown starting, us having Ezzard, Camp, Sanders, and Gowdy next year. Not much room for him as 3 of those guys will be starting for a while.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Burnett’s decision was driven by the distance from home, Burnett’s stepfather told the

I saw him at the Temple game and it seemed like he missed home a lot.

Not surprised by this. Especially with Brown starting, us having Ezzard, Camp, Sanders, and Gowdy next year. Not much room for him as 3 of those guys will be starting for a while.

I understand the distance from home issue and thinking he might be down the depth chart next year, but he is still in school for the semester. So the distance issue doesn’t really change, and with Camp out for the season he was probably the 4 wr so his PT was going to pick up. Maybe he knew he would leave at the end of the season and if he stayed the would have burned his RS. Oh well good luck to him

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I understand the distance from home issue and thinking he might be down the depth chart next year, but he is still in school for the semester. So the distance issue doesn’t really change, and with Camp out for the season he was probably the 4 wr so his PT was going to pick up. Maybe he knew he would leave at the end of the season and if he stayed the would have burned his RS. Oh well good luck to him

Yes, no reason to burn the shirt if not planning to stay.

Deleted member 2897

Keep in mind, if you want to get favorable treatment from the NCAA, you can't walk around saying you're transferring so you can get more playing time. I totally think it’s being homesick...but still. You don’t want to give he NCAA any wiggle room if you can help it.

bos

Helluva Engineer
Insane how deep the WR group is. Will have 15 guys in the mix next year even with this transfer. Looks like Collins is building the offense to be more of a spread. I think it would be better served for a FB and more of a power running style, but what do I know? He's playing the long game.

Edit: I wonder if they'll give his scholly to Blancato. That guy deserves it.

Last edited: