Navy installing Run and shoot offense

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
While looking through Navy football archives today, I noticed that Coach Niumatalolo added a 2nd offense coordinator to install the run and shoot to help revamp their poor passing game; Smart move maybe CPJ should have done this

While looking through Navy football archives today, I noticed that Coach Niumatalolo added a 2nd offense coordinator to install the run and shoot to help revamp their poor passing game; Smart move maybe CPJ should have done this
You are aware that CPJs offense was derived from the run and shoot, the cowboy series. I think passing was an issue the last 2 years due to the quarterback. JT5 was a pretty good passer and we had a passing game.

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
I was aware of that at Hawaii; The kids at navy are probably smart enough to learn to styles of offense

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Interestingly if you go back and look at the Fridges offense, he ran the I, The shot gun, the one back set, the wishbone, the veer, and the flex bone. Our guys knew how to run all the plays out of all these formations. We were and option based offense.

Frigden's offense was fun to watch. A great offensive mind and great quarterback coach. Made his quarterbacks look good. Both Hamilton and Godsey benefited from his genius.

Milwaukee

Banned
This was CPJ's conclusion after the Vad Lee experiment; for better or worse, he was going to roll with his bread and butter.

He still didn't open the playbook with the run n shoot. People acting like Taquon being a bad passer was the reason just isn't accurate. It's easier to hit a seam to one of the slots than it is to connect on of those 18yd stop routes we ran frequently. I don't wanna get into a whole Paul thing here but the dude should've incorporated the run n shoot like he did at Hawaii.

I love Paul btw

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
You are aware that CPJs offense was derived from the run and shoot, the cowboy series. I think passing was an issue the last 2 years due to the quarterback. JT5 was a pretty good passer and we had a passing game.

In 2014, we attempted about 200 passes while running it almost 800 times. We had a passing game but at no time in PJ's tenure were we ever a very-balanced offense.
I agree with you that it only got worse the past 2 years, probably due to the QB.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
1. Emphasize the RnS.
2. Compliment the RnS with the spread option. Instead of having 10 variation adjustments of a myriad of option plays, have 3 variations of the staple option plays (triple, midline, speed option, rocket toss, counter option, etc).
3. Win the National Championship because DCs will commit suicide at halftime or get fired by the 4th quarter due to inability to defend this offense.