National Signing Day

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It used to be a lot of fun down at the Edge gathering with fellow fans and having the coaching staff talk about each commit as their letters of intent came over the fax machine. Seems like a lifetime ago. Now we have the transfer portal. A random, source of disappointment and sometimes positive surprise.

Go Jackets!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
It used to be a lot of fun down at the Edge gathering with fellow fans and having the coaching staff talk about each commit as their letters of intent came over the fax machine. Seems like a lifetime ago. Now we have the transfer portal. A random, source of disappointment and sometimes positive surprise.

Go Jackets!
To me, “Transfer Portal” has always sounded like some kind of science fiction gizmo, used by humans to teleport to Earth from another star system, or vice-versa.

I guess, maybe, getting a player through the transfer portal would be an exciting prospect if (for example) he came from a heavy-gravity planet and could easily bench-press half a ton on Earth, or from a low-oxygen planet that gave him a super-specialized cardiovascular system—or maybe from the cloning vats on Tleilaxu...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
To me, “Transfer Portal” has always sounded like some kind of science fiction gizmo, used by humans to teleport to Earth from another star system, or vice-versa.

I guess, maybe, getting a player through the transfer portal would be an exciting prospect if (for example) he came from a heavy-gravity planet and could easily bench-press half a ton on Earth, or from a low-oxygen planet that gave him a super-specialized cardiovascular system—or maybe from the cloning vats on Tleilaxu...
I have no idea what you were talking about GTpdm but I will settle for getting the biggest, baddest, meanest, dudes you can find in south Georgia, Alabama, and Florida to put on the defensive line.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Beam me up, Scotty