National Signing Day Coverage

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Are you trying to troll this thread or am I misinterpreting?

We did fill needs, except for that position, and there's still time to fill it.
Wasn’t Steven Verdisco supposed to be the best kicker on the team last year but got hurt? I don’t necessarily think we need a kicker. Most of the issues stemmed from terrible line play early in the year. Hopefully that gets figured out before opening day next year

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I hope we get at least 25. Do transfers count against this class or overall number?
I don't think it's either/or. The transfers do count towards the 25 number. I think they count towards the 85 based on the same rules as any others (other than the special rules for 2020 college RS-Sr/Sr).

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Team ranking is determined by adding all the players rankings of the class together. Fewer commits does cause a lower ranking, but at the same time having a lot of commits that aren’t ranked high doesn’t boost it too much. For example VT is only like 1 point ahead of us with 8 more commits. The 2013 70th ranked class had only 3 less signees and was Drastically lower.
It makes a hell of a lot of difference if you don't get to 20 commits. Even then, as you add to the top, the bottom falls off the Top20 recruits in the class.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not to be a downer, but not sure how to feel about having the 11th ranked class in the ACC given all the marketing we do....

Eh, I think it's a more complex analysts than simply taking the team rankings this year.

We had a lot of transfers-in that will be impactful on the field but who may not necessarily factor into the rankings so much.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn’t Steven Verdisco supposed to be the best kicker on the team last year but got hurt? I don’t necessarily think we need a kicker. Most of the issues stemmed from terrible line play early in the year. Hopefully that gets figured out before opening day next year
Feels like we've had kickers injured during the offseason over the last several years. Verdisco obviously got the invite to compete, but I hadn't heard conclusively that he's the answer. Doesn't mean he isn't, but no matter the HS kicker there are no guarantees at the college level.