National Signing Day Coverage

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Ball isn't coming here then. This is scheduled at the same time as his announcement.

Ball and Mathews likely heading to Arkansas and Auburn, respectively. I think this is it for us today and we probably pursue one or two for February.

GT_EE78

Banned
Everyone is in.
DE will be interesting, especially if Clayton comes back.
Clayton & White
Harris & Jordan
Ivey & Kennard
Then other combinations in between.
Thats a lot of guys there.geez and a talented group
I was thinking Jgriffin could move there if he's quick enough
278 is a bit small for DT
No need for a 3man line anymore!

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the most recent 247Sports recruiting rankings, we're at #39 nationally and 9th in the ACC. Earlier we were #37.

Rankings are going to be a bit misleading with this class since it is smaller (16 commits) and we took 5 transfers who aren't going to count at all. Rivals has us 33rd and 7th.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking at the most recent 247Sports recruiting rankings, we're at #39 nationally and 9th in the ACC. Earlier we were #37. We signed one 4 star. Last year we signed four 4 star players.
Tough year were the staff couldn’t really recruit. That said with the transfers coming in GT is in a real good position.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking at the most recent 247Sports recruiting rankings, we're at #39 nationally and 9th in the ACC. Earlier we were #37. We signed one 4 star. Last year we signed four 4 star players.
We definitely went heavier on transfers. I feel good about the talent we took in through transfers. I think the transfers would bump us up compared to other teams if they counted.

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
the transfers all have a year of S&C too, a huge plus compared to a true hs kid coming in, i really like our signing class and someone said one four star, but wasnt tatum, blackstrain, and kaleb edwards all four stars?

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thats a lot of guys there.geez and a talented group
I was thinking Jgriffin could move there if he's quick enough
278 is a bit small for DT
No need for a 3man line anymore!
I think Griffin is the right size to play 3-tech, especially at the college level. Ironically, after all the emphasis fans have put on trying to find big guys to play 1-tech, we’re going to have more depth there than we will at 3-tech, which should be the easier DT spot for us to recruit. I hope some of our SDE recruits can add some good weight and play with quickness at 280-290lbs.