National Player of the Week: Jake DeLeo

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nice that we have some “dudes” who throughout the past years have helped draw attention to the program and keep the attention of the national writers. My sense is that this may wane over the next few years, as NIL money draws players to the programs that are ”all in” on winning a National Championship. I have heard some stunning deals for some the top players at SEC schools. The MLB draft is also back in play for top High School talent, as we have seen some of our ”highly ranked“ recruits turn pro.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice that we have some “dudes” who throughout the past years have helped draw attention to the program and keep the attention of the national writers. My sense is that this may wane over the next few years, as NIL money draws players to the programs that are ”all in” on winning a National Championship. I have heard some stunning deals for some the top players at SEC schools. The MLB draft is also back in play for top High School talent, as we have seen some of our ”highly ranked“ recruits turn pro.

Agree, we need to enjoy what we have now because the future will be different. (Regardless of better or worse for GT?)