national coach of the year

Deleted member 2897

Yea this is a tough one. All these are great coaches, many destined for hall of fame. All with different situations they worked through. What CJP has done at Georgia Tech is apples and oranges compared to what Miller has done at Arizona. Who knows what Miller would have done here and vice versa. I think its a stretch to give a coach who went 8-10 and currently 18-15 overall a national coach of the year. But I think that's because they honestly and truly don't understand or believe what we had to deal with. These players like Lammers and Jackson were NOT playing like this in years past. Period.

ZacketJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I can't see the national COTY award going to a coach that's not in the dance. My guess is that it goes to whoever goes farthest in the tournament between Sean Miller, Mark Few, Scott Drew, Steve Alford, Chris Holtmann, Bob Huggins, and Greg McDermott.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Miller also had some crap to deal with. Ferguson never getting on campus, Ray Smith hangs it up, and Trier does his best Mark McGwire inpression

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Chris Collins sticks out for what he did at Northwestern.

Self is on that list less for this year and more for the fact that they hit 13 straight conference championships. That's a pretty incredible feat regardless of conference.