Nashville Regional - Vandy, Ga Tech, Indiana St, Presbyterian

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Could definitely see Hurter throwing 2 or 3 innings on Monday if needed.
I have a hard time seeing that. If it's his normal bullpen day, yeah maybe throw him for an inning. But consider that he's coming off TJ surgery.

Looking at his stats, he threw 53.2 innings in 2018, 48.1 innings in 2019, whatever he did for rehab in 2020, and has now thrown 85.1 innings this year. Yes, I want to win this regional, as do the coaches and players. But I don't think this staff will jeopardize Hurter's future career to get a couple of extra innings out of him.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have a hard time seeing that. If it's his normal bullpen day, yeah maybe throw him for an inning. But consider that he's coming off TJ surgery.

Looking at his stats, he threw 53.2 innings in 2018, 48.1 innings in 2019, whatever he did for rehab in 2020, and has now thrown 85.1 innings this year. Yes, I want to win this regional, as do the coaches and players. But I don't think this staff will jeopardize Hurter's future career to get a couple of extra innings out of him.

Another question is how effective Hurter would be. I don't think a few innings would hurt him, but doubt he would be effective.

But as I recall, someone argued that these guys recover quickly.🤘

Archer is the starter v Indiana State

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Another question is how effective Hurter would be. I don't think a few innings would hurt him, but doubt he would be effective.

But as I recall, someone argued that these guys recover quickly.🤘

Archer is the starter v Indiana State
And Colin Hall in CF. Didn't see that coming. Swan song for both???

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Nobody tell @SnidelyWhiplash that Indiana State is home team.

We make it to next game and we'd be home? Or Indiana State would be?
Noticed GT bagged 4 in the top of the first. Exactly what I was writing about yesterday morning. It allowed Archer to relax some and throw strikes vs. nibbling. Hitting becomes more fun. Rules on home team designation:

For first-round games, the highest-seeded team shall be designated as the home team. In subsequent games, the home team shall be determined according to a formula applied by the games committee. In determining which of two teams in any game will be the home team, the games committee or the NCAA site representatives uses the following guidelines:
1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that particular tournament shall be designated the home team.
2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor, then the team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team.
3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games committee or the NCAA site representative(s) shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:
a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game shall be the home team in the game in question.
b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visitors in their preceding games.
4. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by a coin toss. The coin toss will be held on the field immediately after the game that causes the situation to develop and both coaches are to be in attendance. The higher seeded team can determine whether they will call the coin toss, or defer the call to their opponent.

Page 24 of the NCAA manual.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Rules on home team designation:

For first-round games, the highest-seeded team shall be designated as the home team. In subsequent games, the home team shall be determined according to a formula applied by the games committee. In determining which of two teams in any game will be the home team, the games committee or the NCAA site representatives uses the following guidelines:
1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that particular tournament shall be designated the home team.
2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor, then the team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team.
3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games committee or the NCAA site representative(s) shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:
a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game shall be the home team in the game in question.
b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visitors in their preceding games.
4. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by a coin toss. The coin toss will be held on the field immediately after the game that causes the situation to develop and both coaches are to be in attendance. The higher seeded team can determine whether they will call the coin toss, or defer the call to their opponent.

Page 24 of the NCAA manual.
I had no idea the NCAA put in so much thought to ****ing us over. I always believed it was just straight up, old fashioned shafting because they just liked ****ing us.

Deleted member 2897

121 pitch complete game shut out for Archer. Masterful.

Saved the BP and we got a lot of good BP. Overcast drizzley day so players didn't get fried.

Odds of winning regional up to 1/9 (=1/3*1/3). But fock it. We are playing with house money at this point. Play loose and fast. Let's f'ing go.

I could not agree more violently.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
As someone born in Atlanta, I saw the various leads, leading up to the 9-0 lead, and I said and posted nothing, and avoided chat.

Seems like a trend that should continue???

I attended the Tech-UNC series and was, sadly, not comfortable with a 7 run lead in the bottom of the 9th in the final game. Turns out, we gave up 3 runs, had the bases loaded, and got the final out with the tying run at the plate. Good thing I didn't have to see my physician for a blood pressure check that following week.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have been quite impressed by our pitching after the first 2-3innings of Game 1. Maybe the best we have pitched as a staff all year (maybe only rivaled by the N C State series).

Good time for the staff to put some things together.

(I hope I didn't just jinx us and Vandy goes out and puts up 12 runs on us or something....but honestly, even if that happens.I am proud of how this team has played and competed this weekend. They have already exceeded my expectations.)

According to the rules, GT shall be the home team tonight. Correct?
If you disagree, the “Whip“ will come after you with 24 or 27 “lashes.”
Snidely speaking that is.

And...if I'm reading the rules right, we should be the home team tomorrow night as well should we win tonight since we would have played 2 away games to vandy"s 1.