NASA Selects new Astronaut class

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
If anyone is curious here is a live-stream link to the new class. It starts at 12:30. Once every 3 years NASA selects a new class. This year there were 10 selected out of 12,000

Oh and one of the new class is my Daughter-In-Law. I am so happy for her!!! It has been a life long goal of hers.
When she had her last F-22 flight last month she could not tell anyone because she had to keep it a secret until today.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
If anyone is curious here is a live-stream link to the new class. It starts at 12:30. Once every 3 years NASA selects a new class. This year there were 10 selected out of 12,000

Oh and one of the new class is my Daughter-In-Law. I am so happy for her!!! It has been a life long goal of hers.
When she had her last F-22 flight last month she could not tell anyone because she had to keep it a secret until today.

Congrats, quite an accomplishment although she's already an F-22 Pilot!

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for all the kind words. They are also currently deployed in Alaska fighting off those pesky Russians. :) They will be glad to get away from all the snow. First week in January they have to officially be in Houston when she will start 2 years of training.

This group was told they were going to be the generation to go back to the moon. Its a cool thought thinking she has a chance to be the first Woman on the moon.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
They are also currently deployed in Alaska fighting off those pesky Russians.
A lot of people don't understand the responsibilities and stress from "routine operations" in peacetime. It's not all fun & games. She's no doubt carried a heavy load for quite some time & she'll be carrying a heavy load for a good long time going forward. Please keep us updated & she progresses. Unlike our sports teams, stuff like this is ALWAYS enjoyable to read about.