Name and Likeness Law Signed by Kemp

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The NCAA has never had any real power. It is up to the members to follow their own rules. They can still have a role to establish game procedures e.g. overtime, allowed blocks, targeting definition and penalties etc. They still set the number of allowed scholarships, minimum qualifiers etc. It is supposed to be overseen by the presidents of the member colleges but it has become run by the athletic departments for the most part. It would not surprise me to see the P5 conferences split off to form their own association.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t seen many of the deals I’m sure but the first one I’ve seen where a player in the spotlight is giving back to his community and less fortunate. Good for him.
I think that more money just makes people act more like they are. Ostentatious people are going to get as much bling to show off as they can. Generous people are going to be more generous. Good for this guy.

I hope that all of the athletes are getting good financial advice. Some so they don't blow all of their money on cars and jewelry. People like this guy so he has a plan for his future. I don't know how to word this well, so it is probably going to sound more harsh than I mean, but: You should always plan for your own future first. You can be able to donate a lot more to charity over your lifetime if you control your personal finances and always remain comfortable. If you donate a lot of money when you are 20, and then struggle financially for the rest of your life you won't make that much of a difference. Have a plan. Take care of you and your family first. Then as you are able, be generous and donate to causes that you care about. Not suggesting to be greedy, just make sure you are on the giving end of charity your entire life instead of slipping into the receiving end.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
So what are we going to replace the NCAA with?
The conferences will decide their own rules. And I believe we’ll see a lot of conference expansion and realignment during this process. We don’t need the NCAA anyway. They are corrupt and have gone after the little schools who couldn’t or wouldn’t pay their extortion. There is a reason the GT’s had the NCAA come down on them but Bama and others are untouchable. The NCAA isn’t needed any more since they stopped enforcing rules decades ago.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember a story from Shaq when he was young and first got his big NBA paycheck and was buying cars and burning money like it was oil. He finally had an older mentor in his life sit him down and work through financial intelligence and basically saved him from bankrupting himself. I hope the same goes for these young athletes. I've seen a number of colleges encourage and outline that players can and should have an agent to help them manage.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember a story from Shaq when he was young and first got his big NBA paycheck and was buying cars and burning money like it was oil. He finally had an older mentor in his life sit him down and work through financial intelligence and basically saved him from bankrupting himself. I hope the same goes for these young athletes. I've seen a number of colleges encourage and outline that players can and should have an agent to help them manage.
All these kids needs to take Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University or something like it. I wish I would have in college.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
All these kids needs to take Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University or something like it. I wish I would have in college.
As I was reading RonJohn's post three above yours, I was thinking that his advice sounded like Dave Ramsey's basic philosohpy. (BTW, Ron, I like Dave. :) )

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Isn't Peleton a company started by GT grads. Would seem a natural to have some of our well conditioned athletes advertise for them while using their equipment.