Name and Likeness Law Signed by Kemp

GT_EE78

Banned

Females will make more than guys for......a....few......reasons........
who even needs the guys? these thong twins could just walk around campus in thong panties ... can they??
already out there on day 1. don't forget to scroll down

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow

Females will make more than guys for......a....few......reasons........
They Will make a lot of money but not just for that reason that you refer to. The female Olympic athletes on social media tend to get tons of young girl followers thank Tik Tok and Instagram. Which they can now monetize. They don’t need bag men and Football or basketball on TV. They just need a lot of young high school girl followers on The social media sites.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
This kind of thing is what concerned me more about NCAA rules than top tier football or basketball players. She could have probably been making money since during high school that is unrelated to recruiting or athletic performance for an NCAA team, but wasn't allowed to. I recall a story about a lower level football player who was forced to quit because he made money on YouTube as a personality totally unrelated to football. I totally understand the desire to keep NCAA athletics as amateur athletics. However, preventing a player from making money by streaming Fortnite on Twitch seems a little overboard. (In fact it seems excessively overboard)

This is guy who chose YouTube over UCF

GT_EE78

Banned
They Will make a lot of money but not just for that reason that you refer to. The female Olympic athletes on social media tend to get tons of young girl followers thank Tik Tok and Instagram. Which they can now monetize. They don’t need bag men and Football or basketball on TV. They just need a lot of young high school girl followers on The social media sites.
geez, these twins probably won't even have to show up for a game.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
This is guy who chose YouTube over UCF

I do believe that is the one that I had seen. According to an article that I just read from a few years ago, the NCAA's "compromise" would have been that he could have been on Youtube, but he couldn't say anything about being an NCAA athlete and would have had to take down any videos that indicated he was. In other words, 20 hours a week (by the NCAA's way of doing math) of his life wouldn't be available for discussion on his channel. I looked up revenue estimates for his channel and they think he makes about $1 million per year from Youtube. I don't think the NCAA was in the right, but I think he made the right decision for himself.

I believe you and I would disagree about directly paying NCAA athletes for recruiting and performance. I do think it will be difficult to prevent the factories from using this system to directly pay athletes quasi-within the rules. However, the NCAA has absolutely not done anything about factory schools making direct payments to athletes. Factories can have text messages of payments, they can have payments made on national TV broadcasts, with no real action. GT on the other hand gets hammered for $300 worth of clothes and shoes that are returned. So they haven't actually gone after schools that intentionally break the rules, but they prevent an FCS kicker from making $1million per year and prevent a gymnast from making $1million in 1 day. Either of those can easily pay school tuition, fees, books, living and travel expenses without an NCAA scholarship. I don't think the scholarship would be of any value to either, but the opportunity to compete probably is.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I do believe that is the one that I had seen. According to an article that I just read from a few years ago, the NCAA's "compromise" would have been that he could have been on Youtube, but he couldn't say anything about being an NCAA athlete and would have had to take down any videos that indicated he was. In other words, 20 hours a week (by the NCAA's way of doing math) of his life wouldn't be available for discussion on his channel. I looked up revenue estimates for his channel and they think he makes about $1 million per year from Youtube. I don't think the NCAA was in the right, but I think he made the right decision for himself.

I believe you and I would disagree about directly paying NCAA athletes for recruiting and performance. I do think it will be difficult to prevent the factories from using this system to directly pay athletes quasi-within the rules. However, the NCAA has absolutely not done anything about factory schools making direct payments to athletes. Factories can have text messages of payments, they can have payments made on national TV broadcasts, with no real action. GT on the other hand gets hammered for $300 worth of clothes and shoes that are returned. So they haven't actually gone after schools that intentionally break the rules, but they prevent an FCS kicker from making $1million per year and prevent a gymnast from making $1million in 1 day. Either of those can easily pay school tuition, fees, books, living and travel expenses without an NCAA scholarship. I don't think the scholarship would be of any value to either, but the opportunity to compete probably is.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if GT is allowed to help with the design/production of player specific merchandise. I mean, how many of us would have bought a Josh Nesbitt shirt in 2009? How about Alvarado or Usher merchandise after last basketball season? The name of the game is social media is moving merchandise...whether your own, or helping a company. Social media has become a vehicle of advertisement to move merchandise now.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is awesome. Not because I care about pampered athletes making money but because it’s the beginning of the end for the NCAA. Individual conferences will now have the power. The NCAA is now just a shell organization. This is great to see a corrupt organization lose their power. I can’t wait until the NCAA tries to extort a school and the conference tells them to pound sand.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
This is awesome. Not because I care about pampered athletes making money but because it’s the beginning of the end for the NCAA. Individual conferences will now have the power. The NCAA is now just a shell organization. This is great to see a corrupt organization lose their power. I can’t wait until the NCAA tries to extort a school and the conference tells them to pound sand.
So what are we going to replace the NCAA with?