My thoughts! YOU NEED TO READ!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
First the hype has got to be earned and that's not in practice rather in a real game! Second that ATL and all the substitutions is way too much until the score is at a great difference! Whoever starts anywhere on the field needs to get acclimated to all phases of the environment on field. They have to dig in quickly to have the feel of what they are doing! You absolutely don't just put e'm in and out every 1 to 3 snaps. Once a player has got that good feel the coach of his position should have the same feel for him and NOT SUB HIM OUT!!!!! I now believe FB is now in a trance if not a bad spot! THIS NOT HAVING A REGULAR DEPTH CHART IS TOTALLY A BAD THING in that players may feel jilted during EVERY practice; oh yeah they may shout and show their muscle but that does not do things which guys can cling to! Only when things happen for the good - good things can they be expected to show REAL excitement! They have to have real things go right to feel confident, tough, skilled, happy, and on the charts as earned!!!

Animal02

Banned
First the hype has got to be earned and that's not in practice rather in a real game! Second that ATL and all the substitutions is way too much until the score is at a great difference! Whoever starts anywhere on the field needs to get acclimated to all phases of the environment on field. They have to dig in quickly to have the feel of what they are doing! You absolutely don't just put e'm in and out every 1 to 3 snaps. Once a player has got that good feel the coach of his position should have the same feel for him and NOT SUB HIM OUT!!!!! I now believe FB is now in a trance if not a bad spot! THIS NOT HAVING A REGULAR DEPTH CHART IS TOTALLY A BAD THING in that players may feel jilted during EVERY practice; oh yeah they may shout and show their muscle but that does not do things which guys can cling to! Only when things happen for the good - good things can they be expected to show REAL excitement! They have to have real things go right to feel confident, tough, skilled, happy, and on the charts as earned!!!
Same with having players prep and play both ways. Jack of all trades, master of none.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
That was incredibly difficult to try to follow

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
One of the things is that with all the subs after nearly every other play well this is like practice! He has got to get us out of that kinda culture. Its on def also. The players just cannot get their heads into whats going on. That in and of itself would be bad for recruits.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I mean anyone who believed that there was hype that wewould be good this year was delusional. The hype is for the future, for recruiting. This year, and next year were always going to suck for whoever the coachwas who followed CPJ at GT.

Pretty sure Monken could have won 7-8 games against this schedule with the inherited roster, but that would have meant doubling down on the option.

Any other coach and you're absolutely correct.

DenverJacket56

Georgia Tech Fan
Take it easy gents! This is a clear case of Talent vs. Scheme. While I am as disappointed as everyone else with the outcome, this was the exact reason why CPJ ran the TO. It is the ultimate equalizer. We just got Johnson’d. It is also a clear sign our talent is not yet able to over come a better scheme. CGC needs more line talent to execute his scheme. I hate to admit it, but we will be a .500 team for the next two years. Hang your hat on 2021. Patience is tough, but remember Saban and Smart went through something similar.

Animal02

Banned
Take it easy gents! This is a clear case of Talent vs. Scheme. While I am as disappointed as everyone else with the outcome, this was the exact reason why CPJ ran the TO. It is the ultimate equalizer. We just got Johnson’d. It is also a clear sign our talent is not yet able to over come a better scheme. CGC needs more line talent to execute his scheme. I hate to admit it, but we will be a .500 team for the next two years. Hang your hat on 2021. Patience is tough, but remember Saban and Smart went through something similar.
Except the HC said he would mold a scheme to the players.....which he has not

GTFLETCH

Banned
Just choose a QB and an offensive system and stick with it!