My son's senior project

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Just thought you guys might enjoy seeing what my son did for his senior project since it has a bit of a Georgia Tech flair. Since August, he and I have been working on restoring a classic 1978 Honda CB750 motorcycle. He didn't repaint it in the original color (red) but I couldn't complain about the color!

It was a complete restoration/modernization. Rebuilt the engine and transmission and replaced the points and condensers with a modern electronic ignition control system.

We're still working with a buddy of mine who's creating some custom pin stripes for us.

Before:

After:

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks. I'm proud of the way it turned out and, of course I'm keeping it for me to ride. Who wouldn't want a bike that was restored by his son?
Here's a few more before & after photos of some of the parts:

Here's one fork before polishing/sanding and the other after polishing/sanding:

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know anything about motorcycles either, but I can tell that was a lot of time and very hard work. Job well done to both of you!!

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Love the color! Here is a Honda Vmax that my son rebuilt summer after his senior year of high school. He disassembled the original all the way down to the frame and completely rebuilt it. It was a lot of work, so I fully understand your son's accomplishment.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430219903.159795.jpg

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
GTMom, that's a really nice bike. Your son did a great job on that!

Thank you all for the kind comments. Yes, I'm very proud of the bike but more so, I'm proud of Logan staying with it...even when it was a lot more work than he had originally thought it would be. All in all, we have somewhere over 200 hours each on the bike.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
GTMom, that's a really nice bike. Your son did a great job on that!

Thank you all for the kind comments. Yes, I'm very proud of the bike but more so, I'm proud of Logan staying with it...even when it was a lot more work than he had originally thought it would be. All in all, we have somewhere over 200 hours each on the bike.

I like the "WE" part. Great bonding between parents and their kids. Time well spent.