My Prediction/Expectations

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Top 10 Offense
With Vad as the signal caller I can see some untimely mistakes and an increase in turnovers, however I also see game breaking abilities and explosiveness that hasn't existed since Lil Joe. I will be disappointed that Tech won't be throwing 20-25 times but 15-20 is more likely and with passer efficiency hovering 60% which will make the offense plenty explosive.

Top 45 Defense
The defense will be fast, athletic, and aggressive. It will sale out to stop the run and put pressure on the opposing passer. That will however, lead to an exposed secondary and to a number of big plays against the defense. Roof will not out scheme anyone so teams that have more complex explosive offenses should be able to manipulate the D effectively, particular after making their second half adjustments.

Record 9-3

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What worries me most about the D is passes to the TE and RB's. Our LB's will be used a lot in pass pressure and susceptible to getting burned by these targets.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The TE plays worry me the most for sure. Clemson,UNC,UGA, and Miami all have pretty good ones too with experienced QB's that will get the ball to them.

Exactly. Our linebackers are athletic and fast enough to cover the TE's but in effort to put pressure on the passer and stop the run, the onus will be put on the safety's to cover them probably. If the front 4 can provide pressure we may see a 4-2-5 and have Watts play rover.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Exactly. Our linebackers are athletic and fast enough to cover the TE's but in effort to put pressure on the passer and stop the run, the onus will be put on the safety's to cover them probably. If the front 4 can provide pressure we may see a 4-2-5 and have Watts play rover.
Yeah, I think you are right with that formation and strategy. When we play those types of offenses it will have to happen that way...Or we will let them be wide open and they will take it to the house lol. I think Roof is going to do a good job this year and I am worried about these little dump off passes for sure.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think you are right with that formation and strategy. When we play those types of offenses it will have to happen that way...Or we will let them be wide open and they will take it to the house lol. I think Roof is going to do a good job this year and I am worried about these little dump off passes for sure.

You can also have Attoachu cover the TE in some blitz packages.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
The nice thing about Attaochu having so much experience as a LB we can expect him to be prepared for the TE. He's now in a position and strong enough to jam them at the line every play and not let them loose. It's the kind of play that doesn't fill stat sheets but ends drives for the other team