My first post: Crootin'

Swarm21

Georgia Tech Fan
Cant believe the job Collins has done in recruiting so far. Best class since 2007. Now that Paul Johnson is gone is actually fun to follow recruiting again. Add that in with the fantastic job the staff has done with transfers as well. 1 5 star and 4/5 4 stars will be eligible to play and complete for the Jackets in 2020. With our schedule, we will need them. Via 247sports.com, if we land Gibbs coach Collins will have recruited SIX of the top 30 recruits(since trackable) in Tech history. Unreal!

Also, glad to be apart of gtswarm!

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Cant believe the job Collins has done in recruiting so far. Best class since 2007. Now that Paul Johnson is gone is actually fun to follow recruiting again. Add that in with the fantastic job the staff has done with transfers as well. 1 5 star and 4/5 4 stars will be eligible to play and complete for the Jackets in 2020. With our schedule, we will need them. Via 247sports.com, if we land Gibbs coach Collins will have recruited SIX of the top 30 recruits(since trackable) in Tech history. Unreal!

Also, glad to be apart of gtswarm!

Welcome to the board, Geoff.

Deleted member 2897

You picked a great week to join!

giphy.gif

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When did our o-line average 6'1" and 260? 1945? Because that is not even remotely true of what Collins inherited or has currently.
In recent cycle were going towards more agile ol guys - per Andy - were are looking for a o t that can move. He couldn't get approval to offer Hunter Rayburn who is now backup center at Clemson.

Might have worked like in 14 going towards giant ol did.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
When did our o-line average 6'1" and 260? 1945? Because that is not even remotely true of what Collins inherited or has currently.
To further reinforce this point, the two deep from our game against Minnesota in 2018 was as follows:

Quinney 6-6 276lb
Ivemeyer 6-1 270lb

Braun 6-3 280lb
Clark 6-4 280lb

Cooper 6-3 305lb
Lee 6-2 287lb

Hansen 6-2 310lb
Morgan 6-4 288lb

Marshall 6-4 282lb
Bryan 6-4 285lb

Ivemeyer is the smallest, and at 6'1 and 270lb, he is the "average" height given and 10lbs heavier than the "average" weight.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

depends if you include Long Snappers as lineman bc we had 5’8 LS

The avg is around 6’2-6’3 unless they fudge the numbers on RR.com

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our recruiting class isnt better its the exact same. You cant recruit here. Trust me cheese, whiskey and animal told me.

I'll channel my inner @Animal02 . We just have to win more!

He doesn't think Collins is a great coach. I don't think he ever said COllins couldn't recruit.

I'm hoping that the level of coaching this year was masked by the talent level. My thought is that we desperately need a 4 star kicker for KO and for place kicking. That will make coaching look better instantly.

Back to the OP, this is fabulous to see the talent coming in.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

he did not say that. He said 6- 1.5 and 267 lbs

and depending on when u slice this what group may be close. For instance before or after braun. Adding in walkons and true fresh that were light.

quinney is on record saying he was 265 despite what rw.com shows. So he can be using internal actual numbers

collins isnt a liar

the fact is we all knew we had a munchkin OL ists just true. It was not p5 caliber

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
he did not say that. He said 6- 1.5 and 267 lbs

and depending on when u slice this what group may be close. For instance before or after braun. Adding in walkons and true fresh that were light.

quinney is on record saying he was 265 despite what rw.com shows. So he can be using internal actual numbers

collins isnt a liar

the fact is we all knew we had a munchkin OL ists just true. It was not p5 caliber

Sure if you average in a bunch of guys who weren't playing it's true.