My breakout player this year

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Custis was the name that came to mind first. He and Laskey are going to rejuvenate the BB position and we will need it with to eat clock and protect the DL.

Kallon on D will be great but that won't be a breakout. I'll take Davis.

And I expect to be watching Butker for the next 20 years, so no breakout. Golden would be next, but he is expected to be good. So on ST, Marcordes blocking six punts( e.g.I don't have an idea).

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
Griffin is my pick. Hes a really good corner and with white basically locking down one side, most passes will go to griffin's side. He has shown pretty good hands. I will say seven ints on the year... one returned for a touchdown

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Griffin is my pick. Hes a really good corner and with white basically locking down one side, most passes will go to griffin's side. He has shown pretty good hands. I will say seven ints on the year... one returned for a touchdown

Those would be some big numbers...would love to see it!

SouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I love what I saw from DJ White last year. Even when the WR made a catch on him last season he was always right there to defend. No easy catches when he was in coverage. I think he'll only get better and better.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
You might be naming the MVP's rather than the breakout player. Breakout means coming out of nowhere, not having contributed much in the past.

I agree with the Nealy pick and diagree with the definition of breakout. It doesn't necessarily have to mean from out of nowhere. I believe it can mean that one can break away from a certain level of accomplishment and elevate your accomplishments to a much, much greater degree. Nealy, I believe, is on the threshold of being a good player to a player whose name you'll be hearing alot of by Gaudin, Waters, any of the TV announcers, and the big voice in any stadium in which he'll be playing this year.

On the O I hope it's Byerly but it all depends on the how well the line performs.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
how can you not select Whitehead for Breakout Player of the Year? The jokes basically write themselves!

on offense I'll go with Summers, because breakouts are more frequent in the summer.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Bumping for review of some preseason predictions:
Some picks are good, others missed for verious reasons

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I agree it's tough to get a read on what to really expect this year. Since my perennial A. Williams selection won't make sense this year, I'll go with Commissiong (no idea if I spelled that right) and hope I'm not jinxing him the way I jinxed Williams.

Oh man, am I a dummy. :oops: Do I have the reverse midas touch?