Murray Injured

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Take this for what it's worth: my sister is an academic advisor for ugag and word has it that their backup is actually a better QB than Murray is. Murray holds onto the starting job because of experience and leadership

I think everybodies backup is better than their starter. I think it's more of a "hope" thing. Just like Vad was supposedly better than Tevin, JT is supposedly better than Vad, and MJ will be better than JT but he will be a backup

Kevin93

Georgia Tech Fan
Take this for what it's worth: my sister is an academic advisor for ugag and word has it that their backup is actually a better QB than Murray is. Murray holds onto the starting job because of experience and leadership
Hutson Mason he went to Lassiter and I don't personally think he is better than Murray and like you said he has less experience so this is a very good thing for us. Also I saw article http://www.dawgsports.com/2013/11/2...injured-georgia-tech-fans-respond-predictably that I hyperlinked here. But after you need it you can't seriously tell me UGALy fans wouldn't do the same if let's say for example Attaochu got hurt or someone important to us.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
But after you need it you can't seriously tell me UGALy fans wouldn't do the same if let's say for example Attaochu got hurt or someone important to us.
I agree with you. The writer of that post is being too naive. If he ever comes across this thread, I'd recommend he do some reading.

It's probably a troll article and it's best we don't get sucked into a troll trap.

For Murray, it really sucks he had to go out like this. With that said though, if Murray was really hurt a week ago, not sure why he was playing in the first place.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I think everybodies backup is better than their starter. I think it's more of a "hope" thing. Just like Vad was supposedly better than Tevin, JT is supposedly better than Vad, and MJ will be better than JT but he will be a backup
Well that is coming from the players that she mentors and in my mind they have a little bit more credibility

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The comments quoted from the other site were atrocious. I'll give him that. I hate UGAg for a multitude of reasons but I refuse to take delight in another person's injury. I am no fan of Murray but I genuinely feel sorry for him.

Look, I feel no sympathy for their football team, just as I am sure they feel no sympathy for the number of critical players we have out. You go to war with the army you have, not the one you wish you had. Let's get it on, with or without Murray and all the others, and see where the chips fall. I can't wait for Saturday.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck

Agreed. That's what I was thinking as well.

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope Murray plays next week. Really don't want to see Tech lose to UGA with their backup, and even if we do win we will have to hear all the UGA fans claim that we only won because Murray was out, which would probably be true.

Well, their D took Nesbitt out for part of the '09 game and we had Tevin starting for us in the 2010 game, which we would have easily won had Nesbitt been starting. This is hate week. A wins a win. **** 'em.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Aaron Murray's Mom posted that Aaron will have surgery on Tuesday to repair a ACL injury.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
It's a shame, a former student on mine is on the UGA football team and says Murray is actually a decent guy. I know I am supposed to hate him with every fiber of my being, but it sucks for him to be hurt his senior year. I hope we win, but i don't like seeing players hurt.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's a shame, a former student on mine is on the UGA football team and says Murray is actually a decent guy. I know I am supposed to hate him with every fiber of my being, but it sucks for him to be hurt his senior year. I hope we win, but i don't like seeing players hurt.
He can be a perfectly nice guy and it is still OK to hate him him as long as he wears red and black. But I agree with you, it always sux when people get hurt. I take absolutely no joy in that. I wish him the best in recovery. The next time I see him flinging the FB it will be for somebody else anyway.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
.. now if Gurley could just roll his ankle during practice this week...
on a serious note, sucks for AM. Hope his surgery goes well.