moving forward Clemson

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe we will get lucky like the FSU game a couple of years ago; If you watched the Clemson game they are clearly beatable, Maybe we catch them flat and uninspired after they watch our game film; The only issue is Clemson has already faced 2 option teams in Furman and GSU and have dominated them; If CPJ comes out like he has done in the last 2 years against their defense and tries to impose his will we will get crushed; This is the perfect chance to try something different and catch them unprepared; Personally I would spend 80% this week working on the passing game and hope that improves because Clemson is going to put 8 in the box and pretty much stuff everthing. Opinions?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
My opinion? Working on passing to catch Clemson off guard sounds like wishful thinking. He’s innovated different formations for one season, and abandoned it completely. Sorry to burst your bubble but it won’t happen

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For context... We were 6.5 point underdogs to FSU in 2015. They simply weren't that much better than us to begin with. Likewise Clemson in 2011, we were ~4 point dogs in that one. We've pulled much bigger upsets by Vegas perception e.g., @ Georgia in 2014 (14 pt dog) and 2016 (want to say 7-9 pt dog). Also @ VT in 2014 was 8 pts I believe.

Safe prediction: we will be a double-digit dog. To what degree I'm not sure. In the context of all of the above, it could arguably require the greatest upset of CPJ's tenure. I'm sure I'm forgetting a game or 2.

Maybe we will get lucky like the FSU game a couple of years ago; If you watched the Clemson game they are clearly beatable, Maybe we catch them flat and uninspired after they watch our game film; The only issue is Clemson has already faced 2 option teams in Furman and GSU and have dominated them; If CPJ comes out like he has done in the last 2 years against their defense and tries to impose his will we will get crushed; This is the perfect chance to try something different and catch them unprepared; Personally I would spend 80% this week working on the passing game and hope that improves because Clemson is going to put 8 in the box and pretty much stuff everthing. Opinions?

They might be beatable, but not by Georgia Tech. We don't have the players on offense or defense to make enough plays to beat them, and don't have the coaching to overcome that.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
They have the DTs to beat us inside, so this will likely be a long game for us. D is going to have to steal some possessions for us to have a chance. I ‘d say take chances early with the passing game even if it is scripted with oliver or graham. If we can get a lead early we can stay in the game. If they pull ahead and we can’t answer, it will get ugly.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
They are faster AND stronger. Usually it’s one or the other. That spells disaster for our offensive line and triple option.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Looks like the #3 team in the nation will be paying us a visit (not the #2).
GT is also 16 point underdogs for this match-up.

Not looking forward the sea of orange coming down 85 south. (Im 30 mins from their campus).

I have numerous people wanting to buy my tickets, but the kiddo and I will be there in 210.
I hope yall can show up and show out!
THW Clempsun

Deleted member 2897

TO is a great fit for Clemson just like MJ was when he was in. Direct handoffs and QB follows are the way to go. Dilly dallying will get you crushed. Their DL is the best in the country at holding our OL, that is one of our biggest challenges.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is beatable by a team that can throw the ball.

We are the perfect offense for their NFL front 7 to shutdown.

I’ll be surprised if we score more than 7 points.

Deleted member 2897

Clemson is beatable by a team that can throw the ball.

We are the perfect offense for their NFL front 7 to shutdown.

I’ll be surprised if we score more than 7 points.

Over the last 4 years we’ve averaged 17 points against Clemson, with 2 of those years being in monsoon rain where we can’t throw.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
And 3 of those years we had JT someone who could throw.

We scored 10 last year and 7 the year before. Their defense held us to 100 yards rushing in 2016 and a little over 200 last year, which I think a chunk of that was a big run by Benson. Clemson returned everyone on their Dline from last year so I believe it’s gonna be tough sledding.

I hope for the best but I believe the chat room is gonna be in meltdown mode. If Clemson gets a huge lead they may let us get some yardage and points near the end but I don’t see us running the ball at all in this one.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys there seems to be a lot of talking about our offense, better be concerned about the defense. Clemson is fast and big up front with highly talented skill position players. That’s where the game will be decided. If we can play some defense the offense won’t be under the pressure you speak of, unless that equation is already figured into the talk.