Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

JacketFan137

Banned
No shot unless we go to a bowl. Honestly, I want Jeff Monken.
which monken? the one at army or UGA?

the one at uga would be an insane get and massive for our program. the other one would probably make the portal exodus we’re seeing now look like child’s play.

if stansbury and the powers that be have some balls they need to commit to the plan to move us forward and not run back to the option with their tails tucked

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
which monken? the one at army or UGA?

the one at uga would be an insane get and massive for our program. the other one would probably make the portal exodus we’re seeing now look like child’s play.

if stansbury and the powers that be have some balls they need to commit to the plan to move us forward and not run back to the option with their tails tucked
Im no mind reader but I have to assume that because he said Jeff Monken, he meant Jeff Monken.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This coaching staff is looking like it will set us back a decade.
I disagree. There are several different leadership models including "Strong president, weak generals" along with "Weak president, strong generals". I think the powers that be recognized (finally) that Geoff is a weak leader who surrounded himself with weak staff and now ... needed to surround him with strong(er) staff. I think you could see a lot of praise this year, being placed on the staff, in preparation for a transition. And everyone knows it.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to see CGC (or CPJ or anyone!) succeed as HC at Tech. But if it looks like he's just mailing it in, he has to go mid-season.
How could anyone tell? It looks to me like he's been mailing it in for three years.
Since we've stuck it out this long, unless we're completely moribund we might as well stick it out until the end of the season. It's worth $7 million.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
How could anyone tell? It looks to me like he's been mailing it in for three years.
Since we've stuck it out this long, unless we're completely moribund we might as well stick it out until the end of the season. It's worth $7 million.
It doesn't cost us anything if someone else hires him and absorbs his contract. That's usually the way it works and I would not doubt the message was for him to look for his next gig.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't believe this is correct or fair. It's legit to say he has not been competent as a football coach, but not that he hasn't given it a good effort. I don't think you have any evidence of your POV.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
i’m blind lol i just saw the monken part.

jeff would be a disaster to the program. would be hard to renew season tickets if that happened at this point
Im not really on the Monken train, but I also don't think the offensive scheme has any real impact on season ticket sales at all. You seem to like our current offensive scheme. How are season ticket sales going?

JacketFan137

Banned
Im not really on the Monken train, but I also don't think the offensive scheme has any real impact on season ticket sales at all. You seem to like our current offensive scheme. How are season ticket sales going?
i didn’t like that scheme tbh and never said i did.

my issue with returning to the option is we’ve basically just halfassed an effort to move on and that will hurt us far more in the long run.

the second we make that hire we immediately lose all three QBs (sims, pyron and gibson), we probably lose our higher rated WRs, probably lose some lineman as well.

johnson had the advantage of no portal when he took over. guys kinda had no choice but bite the bullet and accept it or they would have had to sit a year and cost themselves a year of eligibility. they really bought in to the system because of that and that’s why 08/09 was the best stretch for johnson. i don’t think kids today are built like that mentally and it would have a massive fallout in the program.

the time to hire any of the spread option coaching tree was 2018. now it’s a little too late