Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The Bloody Mary recipe I really want to try uses Szechuan peppercorn-infused vodka to give it a kick.

Moonrise Distillery up in N Georgia (I’m guessing you are familiar with the place) has a really good premixed & canned Bloody Mary that uses rye as its base rather than vodka. My wife and I stocked up last Summer, to have a supply for our first noon tailgate.
You know more about me than people on here ought to know 😊

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
As long as UGA continues at their current level I agree with you. We won't ever have a sustainable run recruiting in the top 25 for all the reasons stated continuously in this thread and others. It's not gonna happen and never was. What's sad is that CGC has definitely improved our recruiting, but he oversold ADTS and others on what was possible. With more realistic expectations there might not be so much angst in the fan base.
I think the overall fan base had reasonable expectations. Don't think he could have gotten away with lowering expectations to three wins a year.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I understand your point and don’t totally disagree. But that team that beat Miss St In the Orange Bowl would have been hell for anyone in a playoff format. There’s a reason Swofford gave everyone bye weeks before playing us. Because without bye weeks we would have won the Coastal several more times. That’s why I’m excited about the upcoming expanded playoffs (yes I know it’s not here yet but it’s coming). Teams who are hot or quirky will make runs.
What was truly amazing about winning that game against Mississippi State was that CPJ was able to (while running a high school offense that relied on an offensive line to just flop on the ground) have so much offensive production against a defense that had, for most of the year, been coached by one of the most elite DCs of all time

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I am almost certain- there still is a flickering glimmer of hope- that we may very well be looking at another 3 win, possibly 4 win, season.
Based off of past performance of our HC, i am starting to dream about the excuses we might hear:

"Clemson is an elite, national championship team with superstars all over the field "...........that's why we lost by 4 TDs
"Western Carolina surprised us..... We made too many errors with penalties......that last drive ( think NIU ) for their winning FG happened because we were out of ( wasted) time outs."
"Ole Miss is an elite program . We made some crucial errors in our Secondary coverage allowing them those 2 long TDs. We will get that fixed. That's on me "
" UCF was one we let slip away. But you know we are very young , especially on defense, and we will get better "
" Pitt is an elite program, The Soph QB ( Beville ) plays a lot older than his years. Their DL manhandled our OL - they are elite, you know- and we couldn't get our running game going"
"Duke gave us a battle , but we kicked that long FG ( 25 yards) to win a battle against a powerful conference opponent 13-10"

OCTOBER 7th 2022. BREAKING NEWS !!! CGC has been released as HC after compiling a 1-5 record over the 1st half of the 2022 season.
Chip Long has been named interim HC.

Then I woke up from my dream........
I just paid my donation and tickets for 2022…So I’m betting CGC takes advantage of his opportunity and surprises us all and makes next year entertaining while winning!

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Going in optimistic with the proper angle of viewiage (a twist here, standing on one foot there with the correct angle of the moon) there is a real opportunity to have a good season. But I dont think there will be any buying of excuses if the losses start building up. He ran out of runway last season. No more margin left for excuses

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I am almost certain- there still is a flickering glimmer of hope- that we may very well be looking at another 3 win, possibly 4 win, season.
Based off of past performance of our HC, i am starting to dream about the excuses we might hear:

"Clemson is an elite, national championship team with superstars all over the field "...........that's why we lost by 4 TDs
"Western Carolina surprised us..... We made too many errors with penalties......that last drive ( think NIU ) for their winning FG happened because we were out of ( wasted) time outs."
"Ole Miss is an elite program . We made some crucial errors in our Secondary coverage allowing them those 2 long TDs. We will get that fixed. That's on me "
" UCF was one we let slip away. But you know we are very young , especially on defense, and we will get better "
" Pitt is an elite program, The Soph QB ( Beville ) plays a lot older than his years. Their DL manhandled our OL - they are elite, you know- and we couldn't get our running game going"
"Duke gave us a battle , but we kicked that long FG ( 25 yards) to win a battle against a powerful conference opponent 13-10"

OCTOBER 7th 2022. BREAKING NEWS !!! CGC has been released as HC after compiling a 1-5 record over the 1st half of the 2022 season.

This is depressing , from a GT fan?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Maybe that’s your dream... If I’m going to dream about something...

After we lay 55 on Clemson to open the season, Collins remarks that he’s really proud of our guys but we have to be better at finishing drives. Settling for 52 and 54 yard field goals on 2 of our drives is not going to get it done down the stretch. Laughs as he walks of the stage not realizing he’s got a hot mic “woulda hung 70 on Venables...”
After a mid afternoon romp over WCU, next week Kiffen is fired at halftime when Ole Miss is down 49-0 after spending $8.3M on NIL deals to poach top prospects from everyone in the southeast and as one booster puts it “gets his teeth kicked in by clown with a bunch of scattered, smothered and covered 2-stars!”
Coming back to earth somewhat, we post respectable 4 score wins over UCF and Pitt before beating Duke 223-0.
UVA doesn’t even bother to make the trip... Collins receives a white flag via fed ex on Friday afternoon.
We throttle FSU, VT and Miami by a combined score of 147-3 and then beat UNC by 20, resting our starters after the first drive.
Undefeated defending national champion UGA musters two field goals in a loss so demoralizing that the Red Cross clothes a half a dozen small countries with the cast off Bulldog gear.
BUT, The CFP committee can’t leave out a one loss defending national champ, so the Dwags snag the 4 seed and get ready for the rematch. Kirby quits with 3:42 left in the second quarter.
After throttling Bama for the title, Tide boosters want Collins so bad they pay out his contract on the promise he’ll come to Bama as soon as theyre able to kick Saban out. Saban is too stubborn to leave or die, so Bama boosters have to keep paying Collins to coach Tech while we devote all the salary savings to NIL ventures and a coaching tree unmatched in college football history. Someday we might get tired of winning all these championships... but we haven’t yet...

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer

After we lay 55 on Clemson to open the season, Collins remarks that he’s really proud of our guys but we have to be better at finishing drives. Settling for 52 and 54 yard field goals on 2 of our drives is not going to get it done down the stretch. Laughs as he walks of the stage not realizing he’s got a hot mic “woulda hung 70 on Venables...”
After a mid afternoon romp over WCU, next week Kiffen is fired at halftime when Ole Miss is down 49-0 after spending $8.3M on NIL deals to poach top prospects from everyone in the southeast and as one booster puts it “gets his teeth kicked in by clown with a bunch of scattered, smothered and covered 2-stars!”
Coming back to earth somewhat, we post respectable 4 score wins over UCF and Pitt before beating Duke 223-0.
UVA doesn’t even bother to make the trip... Collins receives a white flag via fed ex on Friday afternoon.
We throttle FSU, VT and Miami by a combined score of 147-3 and then beat UNC by 20, resting our starters after the first drive.
Undefeated defending national champion UGA musters two field goals in a loss so demoralizing that the Red Cross clothes a half a dozen small countries with the cast off Bulldog gear.
BUT, The CFP committee can’t leave out a one loss defending national champ, so the Dwags snag the 4 seed and get ready for the rematch. Kirby quits with 3:42 left in the second quarter.
After throttling Bama for the title, Tide boosters want Collins so bad they pay out his contract on the promise he’ll come to Bama as soon as theyre able to kick Saban out. Saban is too stubborn to leave or die, so Bama boosters have to keep paying Collins to coach Tech while we devote all the salary savings to NIL ventures and a coaching tree unmatched in college football history. Someday we might get tired of winning all these championships... but we haven’t yet...
The most hopeful part of all of this is the Collins buyout.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

very likely

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And, speaking of mixed drinks, I would prefer if Collins were not fired. Either he gets wildly successful and delivers the elite team he promised or he agrees to leave gracefully.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer

Yours is a fantasy. Mine is a nightmare.........