Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Nope. Goose is staying in the NFL.
If predictions are in order, we will get smoked. That is, if Clemson can figure out why its best players are always getting hurt. They finally got enough healthy to tee it up and run against SC, a team that beat Auburn who had Alabama into OT, and until they get an option QB, it is now a run team.

Jolly Good Fellow
ACC's worst nightmare is that Dabo goes full option with Joshua Nesbitt-like QB. CU's RBs and OL, combined with that defense, they would beat everybody in ACC 35-10..... opponents would only get 8 or 9 possessions/game... won't happen for same reasons Paul was forced out at GT... all today's kids wanna play pro football... NCAA is to NFL as the Stripers are to the Braves

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
ACC's worst nightmare is that Dabo goes full option with Joshua Nesbitt-like QB. CU's RBs and OL, combined with that defense, they would beat everybody in ACC 35-10..... opponents would only get 8 or 9 possessions/game... won't happen for same reasons Paul was forced out at GT... all today's kids wanna play pro football... NCAA is to NFL as the Stripers are to the Braves
Even if Clemson went full option for 2 - 3 drives a game....nobody would be able to prepare for/stop them.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Cut installed it a couple of years back and had some decent success out of the formation, especially against us. I was actually at the Bama/Duke kick off game that year at MBS and saw them running it there.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I'm honestly hoping this week is a wake up call for Collins to get his strategy together .
I get that he's trying to change the culture of Tech football, make it fun and make it more attractive.
But this week really made it known by the media fans and now some players that are transferring, he's got to follow through on his talk.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And they’re not mad, just ready to see something different for Tech football. Collins had assured them of winning this year but he “talked the talk without walking the walk.”

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Quite telling that there really isn't anyone besides Stansbury who is solidly standing behind Collins. Fans are gone. Money men are basically gone. Hopefully the recruits stay, he can find good coordinators somehow and he can turn it around.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Quite telling that there really isn't anyone besides Stansbury who is solidly standing behind Collins. Fans are gone. Money men are basically gone. Hopefully the recruits stay, he can find good coordinators somehow and he can turn it around.
You are totally correct. I may be speaking too soon but I expect next year will be lost year for GT football. Collins is a lame duck head coach and TStan will be gone along with him because of the 7 year contract..... I really hope I am proven wrong for the program's, student athlete's, and our liver's sakes.