Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
42B10B48-8CCC-48A4-A99A-416B14E1AD49.jpeg
Make the call to this guy tonight!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
One stat regarding the defense today against Georgiea that nobody's pointed out is that we held Georgia to 40% third down conversion rate! That's pretty good....
Problem is they only had five third Downs the whole freaking game!

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
One stat regarding the defense today against Georgiea that nobody's pointed out is that we held Georgia to 40% third down conversion rate! That's pretty good....
Problem is they only had five third Downs the whole freaking game!

$$$$ Down!!!😂😂😂

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Was Derek Mason able to get substitutions onto the field? Was Derek Mason able to get play/coverage calls to the team before the play clock expired or the other offense snapped the ball. There are very legitimate concerns about this coaching staff that are purely on the staff can cannot be passed off to the administration or a lack of athletes. I will ask you a legitimate question: Can a coaching staff that can't get an offensive substitution and play call in to the offense before the play clock expires on two plays in a three play sequence actually build a quality program? That sequence happened in the 11th game of the 3rd year. It really raises concerns to me whether the staff has a clue what they are doing, not just with year three of a rebuild, but with basic operations that high school teams regularly do better.
Yessss. Paul sent new plays in every down and never had a problem doing it. I'm at a loss to see why Collins has this problem.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t have any bad things to say about TQM. He lead Georgia Tech to a lot of victories and he stepped into a pretty shallow situation in the QB room. Without him 2017 and 2018 are probably a lot uglier than what they ended up being. But if he seriously thinks he could play QB in any system other than the 3O he is insane.
he didnt play QB when he got to Tech, just later cuz everyone else died. so he could be stating that being an athlete and playing where needed he could succeed.