Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
We got to figure how we can get all the red out at Bobby Dodd when we play the pups. It is a embarrassment two see that they can just take over our stadium at will. That’s is the Jackets nation problem and we got two do something about it.
*looks around at the last few seasons*

Good luck.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
There are a lot of “scrums” in football where a runner seems to churn yardage out in the middle of 5 or 6 guys combined from both teams but if only one person was on the ground in front of the runner that “scrum” would collapse.
And another thing. The "rules" today allow OLs to push against a scrum to force a runner forward. A lot of the "extra effort", iow, is from OLs pushing their RB forward. In my day this was a 10 yard penalty. And it still should be, especially down by the goal line.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
And another thing. The "rules" today allow OLs to push against a scrum to force a runner forward. A lot of the "extra effort", iow, is from OLs pushing their RB forward. In my day this was a 10 yard penalty. And it still should be, especially down by the goal line.
If we did it and scored would you want it called back?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Last year, it was "next year". This year, it's "next year". And if we go through this next year, what??? "Next year, again??"... GT has very low expectations. Perhaps I should get an overpaid job there, as well.... I sure would like to make 300K and more a year and not have to deliver... As a fan, you get tired of hearing "next year", "elite", "high level" and other slogans, that doesn't equal anything but loses. At what point is it enough????
7 years if we are lucky 5 years

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve never understood why folks think “wanting him to fail” is a thing? I’m sure folks do want him to fail but why is that even a thing?

Wants and Hopes mean nothing. Collins will succeed or fail based on his coaching and not on wants or hopes of others. Me hoping the Braves win did nothing to help or hurt them. They won because they played well. Collins has total control of his future. Feelings or wishes don’t change that. He has a chance in 2 days to win a game or lose a game. None of us have any part in either of those two scenarios. It’s all on him (his staff is part of him and his players are part of him). What I or anyone thinks may happen doesnt mean a thing and doesn’t make us good or bad fans.
I don’t want him to fail, just curtail his goofy stuff. I guess many gt grads and others just can’t relate eg, Waffle House gluttony videos then where a super slim cut suit.

DuluthJacket83

Georgia Tech Fan
I spoke with one of CPJ's former players today. He is a bit biased and not a CGC fan, but he did talk a bit about a simple difference he sees. He said that the players sometimes complained about how practice was hard and not fun. Johnson asked them if their really wanted fun, they only had to do one thing: Win. Obviously would work wonders now, too, maybe instead of music and dancing.

Animal02

Banned
I spoke with one of CPJ's former players today. He is a bit biased and not a CGC fan, but he did talk a bit about a simple difference he sees. He said that the players sometimes complained about how practice was hard and not fun. Johnson asked them if their really wanted fun, they only had to do one thing: Win. Obviously would work wonders now, too, maybe instead of music and dancing.
When I played in H.S., I never expected practices to be fun. Fun was on Saturdays blowing out teams by 30 pts.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
That would be because teams endlessly were given a week to prepare for the option. It happened too often to be coincidental.
So the pandemic and transition from the 3O are excuses for Collins but the scheduling issue for Johnson was real? You guys at least try to be consistent

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
So the pandemic and transition from the 3O are excuses for Collins but the scheduling issue for Johnson was real? You guys at least try to be consistent
I won't speak to the transition, but the pandemic isn't analogous to the scheduling issue. The pandemic applied to all teams; the ACC scheduling issue was GT-specific, and demonstrably so--which is why the ACC put the CPJ-rule in place to correct it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I won't speak to the transition, but the pandemic isn't analogous to the scheduling issue. The pandemic applied to all teams; the ACC scheduling issue was GT-specific, and demonstrably so--which is why the ACC put the CPJ-rule in place to correct it.
We’re GT fans, we’re supposed to be analytical but all logic goes out the window when it comes to ridding the Flats of the dreaded high school offenses. I just wish we still hated high school offenses because I’d love to see this latest high school offense crap eradicated from the Flats.