Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
In unrelated news, the GTAA announced today that they have scheduled a home-and-home series with Moeller High School. Todd Stansbury, AD at Georgia Tech commented that, "During the 1970s and 1980s, the Moeller football team won five national titles and many other championships. We are honored that they agreed to compete at the highest levels of football competition by accepting this series."

Geoff Collins, head coach at Georgia Tech added, "They are an ELITE football team. They are exactly the kind of opponent our skilled players and staff aspire to compete against every day. Besides, Cincinnati has great chili mac and this series will give us a great opportunity to taste some Skyline Chili."

I hope by lowering our standards enough ... we can find SOMEBODY to beat.
Uh oh, this one might get u in jail. 😂😂

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
We are closer to being a service academy in 2021 than anyone in the top 10. That is for sure. I don’t think we could beat 2 of the academies this year. We might compete with Navy.

It will never be 1963 again, and most likely, never be 1990 again. I believed when Rad hired CPJ, he made a wonderfully self-aware decision. It seemed to be forward thinking, knowing where big boy CF was headed. It is sad to know he never got the all-in support that might have made the difference. Really tells you how good he actually is with the results he did get.

Now, we have decided to try and compete with the luxury factories although we have a football shack budget, not even taking into account we are a STEM school. Without a special head coach and staff, we are in for many, many lean years. I believe what we are seeing now will become closer to the norm, with a 6-7 win season the max we can hope for.
I think the reality is ... we have become Vanderbilt.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Army Football Dancing GIF by GoArmyWestPoint

Bring back the guy who coaches these dudes. Bring his DC back with him as well. It's that simple.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
If I was a student, why would I want to attend this? I went to games from 82-84 to drink, get a break from studying, and see if a frisbee could hit a band member at halftime. I believe we are in a worse place now.
I was driving down 400 on Thursday and saw one of the GT billboards with "Tickets Available". Reminds me of driving down 95 near Philly and seeing <insert totally irrelevant university name> with a picture of <insert sports photo> and the caption, "Tickets Available".

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Top 10 home wins in the Geoff Collins Era
1. UNC 2021
2. Louisville 2020
3. NC State 2019
4. Duke 2020
5. South Florida 2019
6. Kennesaw State 2021
He learned a lot things under Saban , (recruiting, marketing ) nothing about coaching or putting a staff together.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
In unrelated news, the GTAA announced today that they have scheduled a home-and-home series with Moeller High School. Todd Stansbury, AD at Georgia Tech commented that, "During the 1970s and 1980s, the Moeller football team won five national titles and many other championships. We are honored that they agreed to compete at the highest levels of football competition by accepting this series."

Geoff Collins, head coach at Georgia Tech added, "They are an ELITE football team. They are exactly the kind of opponent our skilled players and staff aspire to compete against every day. Besides, Cincinnati has great chili mac and this series will give us a great opportunity to taste some Skyline Chili."

I hope by lowering our standards enough ... we can find SOMEBODY to beat.
It's about damn time we got some Skyline chili around here! Hell yes!!!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Too many penalties. Very bland play calling at time in critical situations. Bad blocking. Not sure we did anything really well but did spring Gibbs for some nice runs. Not sure we can win another game this year. TStan needs to have a very serious heart to heart with Collins about his staff. What he is doing isn't working. 17 points is pathetic.
TStan needs to have a talk with Collins and tell him if it wasn’t for the mistake he made with the contract and how difficult it appears to be to can his *** right now that he’d be on the street with his tail between his legs with no chance of being a D1 head coach again.
And don’t let him back on TStan’s floor in the building until things are better. IOW shun his *** until there’s a better product on the field.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
He learned a lot things under Saban , (recruiting, marketing ) nothing about coaching or putting a staff together.
So he is supposed to put a staff together like Bama's when the entire Tech defensive staff likely doesn't make as much as Clemson's DC?
90 % of the posts in this thread are ignorance on display. Get enough dumb people together and they will convince themselves they are smart.

Tech fans just want to (female dog). If they would fund the program, like other teams' fans do, then they might have a right to complain. In the meantime, we probably are Vanderbilt, because as a private school they don't put money into athletics either.

I get it--I'm frustrated too. But the problem is twofold: 1) the lack of talent Johnson left behind; and 2) Collins hasn't been given the money to hire a top notch staff. Number 1 will be fixed in time--Collins can do that. Number 2 is up to the fans. So quit complaining and start donating.