Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
This post is extremely practical. But Geoff is making $3M+ a year to field a team prepared to compete. If they are not prepared, he should say so ... and communicate the measures and milestones to ALL stakeholders and demonstrate progress. (E.g., Year 1 ... build a staff, Year 2, recruit, Year 3 ... deploy the program, etc). To my view, he communicates nor comments to nothing other than vague promises to be elite. He may very well be elite ... but there’s a reason BDS is empty. He’s selling to an audience that is not buying.
Sadly, I agree with you. I just want to be (…hope to be proven…) wrong in that opinion. I’m not optimistic that this guy will turn things around, but I think it is necessary (with this coach, perhaps critical) to keep supporting the program throughout the bad times we are seeing.

My friends and family will laugh at this, because I am a pessimist, but I really want to be an optimist about our program. That’s been hard lately—especially today—but the bourbon sure helps. :)

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of people at tech dressing… I think Collins should take pointers from this guy.
EC29A287-659D-420F-848D-97AD9540579D.jpeg

slugboy

Staff member
Although there is more to the story, Auburn’s coach fired his receivers coach last week, four games in. Accountability. I don’t recall Tech doing this for a very long time, if ever.
I don’t know Auburn’s situation. Could the receivers’ coach be the “cleveland state” of the assistant coaches?

I remember Tuberville having years of sacrificial assistant coaches.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know Auburn’s situation. Could the receivers’ coach be the “cleveland state” of the assistant coaches?

I remember Tuberville having years of sacrificial assistant coaches.
Not exactly. Auburn barely beat Georgia State last week and Harsin fired his receivers coach, citing 8 dropped passes. Harsin reiterated that at that level of play, you don't drop passes. Fired.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of people at tech dressing… I think Collins should take pointers from this guy. View attachment 11316
You are laughing at a friend of mine. “Although he is not now all that in younger days moved Earth and Heaven, he is what he is, one equal measure of heroic heart, made weak by time and fate but strong in will…” He is a Vietnam vet with multiple purple hearts, who suffered through a lot in his time over there. He has been a great friend, and I weep to see that he is beginning to yield to time and fate. He has also been a GT season ticket holder for decades longer than I have.

He served our country. On Heroes Day, two weeks ago, he was there in the stadium, and stood to accept your recognition. Show some respect now.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
You are laughing at a friend of mine. “Although he is not now all that in younger days moved Earth and Heaven, he is what he is, one equal measure of heroic heart, made weak by time and fate but strong in will…” He is a Vietnam vet with multiple purple hearts, who suffered through a lot in his time over there. He has been a great friend, and I weep to see that he is beginning to yield to time and fate. He has also been a GT season ticket holder for decades longer than I have.

He served our country. On Heroes Day, two weeks ago, he was there in the stadium, and stood to accept your recognition. Show some respect now.
He has my utmost respect!

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow

I called him a baller. That's pretty respectful.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
For those that want him fired, go open your wallets and donate for that buy-out plus getting a new coach.
You want changes, then we gotta pay for them. Todd isn't going to fire Collins, he may request that he make some changes on his staff etc. But I imagine that Convo will happen at the end of the season.