Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
Who here legitimately thinks Todd Stansbury will make coaching changes after one game?

Noting that there is a difference between what you, as a fan, want an AD to do after a loss like that versus reality.

And please without personal attacks on either our AD or our coaching staff or injecting random politics in a middle of a thread dedicated to venting after a football game loss.
While we won’t cause we don’t have the money I hate this take that it’s one game. Sure it’s one game this season, but it ain’t like the coaching staff has shown signs of GT academic brilliance in their other coaching seasons on the flats.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping tonight would show me the future for GT. Everyone on here knows I’ve doubted CGC’s coaching acumen, but I was hoping for a fairly dominant performance tonight with the “improved” players and regular spring/camp. But, that did not happen, as we were embarrassed by an inferior team with a better coach. I can see now the base is 75-80% unified that CGC is not the guy. This will expedite the inevitable some, if this unified stance remains. I just hope the damage to our program is minimal, and we hit a homerun (will take a smart AD decision, especially with $$ we have to offer) with the next guy.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
God bless all of you. It really is hard work being a Tech fan most of the time, and these times it is even harder.

I don’t mind losing. I just hate that the worst P5 team I’ve watched this week was us. We are ill prepared and ill coached. I hope our boys can come back and make something of the year, but I have abandoned all hope for my sanity. Good luck to all. I’ll keep watching but I cannot in good conscience invest any emotions into Tech.

Im sure I’ll sober up and hit the hopium, but i watch tech sports for fun and it hasn’t been fun since PJ left. I was willing to let Collins build a program, but tonight was worse than any tech game I’ve ever been party to. Yes, worse than citadel, or Kansas, or MTSU, or VT beating our brains in. We are in year 3, and this team gets outcoached again by a middling MAC team. Will we EVER beat Uga or Clemson with Collins as our HC? I don’t think so. I think so
less than I have ever thought so. I think we will be lucky to beat the dukes and BCs with him, forget about the big boys.

was Dave Braine right? Should we just get an option coach and hope for 7 wins every year? I would take it over what we have now. Losing is one thing. Losing and looking inept is no fun for anyone.

I’m going to sleep it off. The coaches are the stewards of the program, and when they lead us astray, I’m not above sending them packing. I was a big CPJ supporter and was a big Collins supporter until tonight. I know we may never have 1990 again, but getting pantsed by MAC/1AA teams is happening with more regularity than I would like. We don’t have to be great but I would like for us to at least be competent.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
It feel like Paul Hewitts last year: I will be rooting against us to see Collins gone. Nothing will pain me more but I know this is what’s best for the program
Eh, calling this out as weak.

What I hated the most during the CPJ era are all the anti-CPJ folks coming out of the woodwork gloating after a tough loss.

I don't know about anyone else but I can't just cut off my being a GT fan because of who the basketball or football coach is.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ve been a pretty strong Collins defender because it was a big transition. I was hoping to see an improvement in quality of play this year. It’s hard to imagine that happens by end of season based on what I saw tonight.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The only way Collins would be fired before year 5 is if GT could raise alot of money to get rid of him.
His contract is 100% guaranteed if he is fired within his first 4 years. You could fire him at the end of this season and you would still owe him $13.8M.
At the end of year 4 you would owe him $10.5M.
At the end of year 5 you would owe him $4.8M

Hopefully the team gets alot better. I'm worried we are entering a B-L situation. Of course the difference this time is that I don't think we currently have a single asst coach right now who is a future HC.

Our fans have overestimated for years how attractive this job is. None of the coaching candidates were really home run types. All of them were guys you sort of hoped would do well, but couldn't guarantee it in any way. We can wish for whoever we want as fans, but your list is constrained by who is actually willing to come and coach.

Dreid7

Georgia Tech Fan
Geoff Collins’s most memorable games have been losses. In 2019, he lost to The Citadel, our first FCS loss since 1983. Then he lost 45-0 to Virginia Tech at home, our first home shut out loss since 1964. Then last year he handed Syracuse their only win of the season. Now he has lost to NIU, a team that went 0-6 last year. His overall record is 6-17. He is making me miss Paul Johnson, at least he won some games. I WANT HIM FIRED! Especially if we lose to KSU next week.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
While we won’t cause we don’t have the money I hate this take that it’s one game. Sure it’s one game this season, but it ain’t like the coaching staff has shown signs of GT academic brilliance in their other coaching seasons on the flats.
We don't have the money. But, I was assured that TStan was "laser focused" on fixing football. So this is on him ... if he has any credibility left.

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow

What I hated the most during the CPJ era are all the anti-CPJ folks coming out of the woodwork gloating after a tough loss.

I don't know about anyone else but I can't just cut off my being a GT fan because of who the basketball or football coach is.
Sorry but this is just plain wrong. The only way we make a change is by losing. I love GT. Always will. This coach is bad. He needs to be gone yesterday

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck

Well, the cpj fanboys are doing the same now, even rooting for us to lose hoping we hire a cpj disciple.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Very likely that Yates starts next week. Sims had his arm in a sling and no way he starts if he can't practice. I hope it's not a serious injury and he recovers quickly. We have suddenly become thin at QB without him. Yates took some dangerous looking hits when he scrambled.