Most likely wins this year

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think you’re close. I listed my estimate of percent chance win for each game based on perception now. The sum of the probabilities adds up to the team win total over / under of 3.5 games.

1. Western Carolina - 90%
2. Duke - 65%
3. Virginia - 40%
4. Virginia Tech - 30%
5. North Carolina - 25%
6. FSU - 25%
7. Ole Miss - 20%
8. UCF - 20%
9. Pittsburgh -15%
10. Miami - 15%
11. Clemson - 5%
12. Georgia - 2%
I would switch North Carolina and FSU. And I would switch Ole Miss and Miami.

Just for gut feeling.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Duke plays Temple Friday. Friend gave me his Duke tickets. Will be interesting to see what they have this year.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Dwags are about as close to 0% as it gets. However, I have a sneaky feeling we upset Clemson. I'm not sold on them. DL is great but everywhere else? Not so much.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I forgot how bad our red zone scoring was last year. we were 97th. It looks like only clemson (finished the season much stronger), Syracuse and Duke were worse out of ACC teams. Not exactly good company to be in.

Another year of development + CCL + improved OL depth gives me hope we will get better in this category. Doing so would have to result in additional win or 2 or even if the defense doesn’t get better. I think we should expect to go bowling this year. Anything less is a failure.

I’m guessing 7-5.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I forgot how bad our red zone scoring was last year. we were 97th. It looks like only clemson (finished the season much stronger), Syracuse and Duke were worse out of ACC teams. Not exactly good company to be in.

Another year of development + CCL + improved OL depth gives me hope we will get better in this category. Doing so would have to result in additional win or 2 or even if the defense doesn’t get better. I think we should expect to go bowling this year. Anything less is a failure.

I’m guessing 7-5.
On this, CCL has mentioned they've specifically focused on Red Zone Offense. That added attention as well as the increased focus in the TE usage, we should expect this to be an area we will see a large delta of improvement.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
On this, CCL has mentioned they've specifically focused on Red Zone Offense. That added attention as well as the increased focus in the TE usage, we should expect this to be an area we will see a large delta of improvement.
My hope as well. Seems he will be first looking to pound it in in the run game, but we also have some quick hitting passing routes and big dudes to throw to at TE and WR. Hope we see much better success in RZO this year, that efficiency will be key.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Duke is better this year, up big tonight on all that elite talent at Temple.

VT down 7-10 at the half vs OD.
I went to the Duke game last night. They played with a lot of intensity. They definitely were better than temple in both OL and DL. The Duke QB had time to find his receivers and put the ball on target. He had a very high completion percentage. Not sure he had an incompletion in the first half. The Duke QB looked really good last night.
Adonicas Sanders is now at temple. He had some good catches and ran an end around for positive yardage. Temple special teams made some big mistakes on kickoff returns. Brought one out and got tackled inside the ten. Temple did not look well coached last night against an inspired Duke team. They probably had less than 100 fans at the game.
Attendance was not good on a great night for football. Duke may be a tougher game than we had figured with a new coach. Who knows how good or bad Temple really is at this point.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I went to the Duke game last night. They played with a lot of intensity. They definitely were better than temple in both OL and DL. The Duke QB had time to find his receivers and put the ball on target. He had a very high completion percentage. Not sure he had an incompletion in the first half. The Duke QB looked really good last night.
Adonicas Sanders is now at temple. He had some good catches and ran an end around for positive yardage. Temple special teams made some big mistakes on kickoff returns. Brought one out and got tackled inside the ten. Temple did not look well coached last night against an inspired Duke team. They probably had less than 100 fans at the game.
Attendance was not good on a great night for football. Duke may be a tougher game than we had figured with a new coach. Who knows how good or bad Temple really is at this point.
Maybe Temple will take CGC back

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Imo , Biggest suprise so far was how well west virginia s dl on ol matched up with Pitt. WVU guys were good but maybe last year Picket plus a good wr made the pitt ol look better than it was

But for a pass that bounced out the 2 hands of wide open receiver ....

I have moved Pitt into a beatable team

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Imo , Biggest suprise so far was how well west virginia s dl on ol matched up with Pitt. WVU guys were good but maybe last year Picket plus a good wr made the pitt ol look better than it was

But for a pass that bounced out the 2 hands of wide open receiver ....

I have moved Pitt into a beatable team
Don't sell WVA short. They're pretty decent, and both teams looked ready to play considering it was the first game of the season. That perfect pass the receiver turned into a pick six was devastating, and the decision to punt at midfield on 4th and one hurt them too, IMO. We'll find out how beatable Pitt is on October 1.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Nine of these games are very winnable(potentially 10, but I’ll wait and see how Ole Miss looks with the new QB), which will make it that much more frustrating if we win three games again.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
1. Western Carolina
2.Duke
3.Virginia
4.Virginia Tech
5. North Carolina
6. FSU
7.Pittsburgh
8.UCF
9. Miami
10.Ole Miss
11.Clemson
12.Georgia
My revised order based on this week's results:

WCU
VT
UNC
Duke
Virginia
Pitt
UCF
Ole Miss
Miami
FSU
Clemson

Ugag

GTBlaze

Banned
1. Western Carolina
2.Duke
3.Virginia
4.Virginia Tech
5. North Carolina
6. FSU
7.Pittsburgh
8.UCF
9. Miami
10.Ole Miss
11.Clemson
12.Georgia
1-5 are very winnable / 6-12 - I’m hoping we can upset one of those and then go bowling

I also don’t think FSU is all that. They barely beat a very bad LSU team

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Most likely win: Western Carolina
So far that's it.
Possible wins: Duke, UVA, VT
Will know more after OLe Miss and UCF

There were mistakes made last night that must be cleaned up. Too many penalties and blocked punts for starters. Would be nice to still have Domineck(sp?). BTW he was co- SEC DL on Saturday.