Moses F. Wright Highlights

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
So, Akins (imo) is in that tier 2 group with Best and Jack. Pretty elite company nonetheless but just a notch below the Price/Anderson group. Is that about right?
That about sums it up. I thought Tony Akins was a great guard. He was small and very quick. He was also a pretty good shooter.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think Wright compares with James Forest. They both dunk(ed) the ball very hard. Alvarado is like Tony Akins.

Forest was an absolute MONSTER. He's another guy that was a program transcendent player for GT. He averaged double figures every season he was at GT, and had one of the best ACCT runs of any player in the conference's history...and that legendary buzzer beater against USC. Forrest had a really good mid range game. His 3 pt shot wasn't bad wither. In all honesty, he probably should have left after his JR season.

GT_EE78

Banned
The field of 68 sort of grew on us!
NCAA will name and rank 4 at-large ChinaVirus Teams (CVT's) to be announced on selection sunday,
who will also be the 1-4 seeds in the losers bracket(aka NIT)
conferences will name the replacement if it is a one-bid conf champ
of course you must get the virus by 6pm Tuesday or forfeit w no replacement.
Full list of contigencies linked in article

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Top 5 in scoring, rebounding, blocks and steals?? that is unreal. Have we had a player accomplish that? If I had to say without looking anything up (I'm lazy) my first guess would be Hammonds? Leaving out all players pre-ACC here.

I looked at ESPN going back as far as they could just checking if anyone had finished top 5 in both blocks and steals. The only person who I found was Josh Howard in 02-03 when he also finished 1st in scoring and 3rd in rebounds.

Yeah, If Moses finishes in the top 5 in those 4 categories it's a record book year.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So, Akins (imo) is in that tier 2 group with Best and Jack. Pretty elite company nonetheless but just a notch below the Price/Anderson group. Is that about right?
Tony was a good guard but to me not at that level. You’re talking about 2 guys who had solid NBA careers.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Forest was an absolute MONSTER. He's another guy that was a program transcendent player for GT. He averaged double figures every season he was at GT, and had one of the best ACCT runs of any player in the conference's history...and that legendary buzzer beater against USC. Forrest had a really good mid range game. His 3 pt shot wasn't bad wither. In all honesty, he probably should have left after his JR season.

Yes because of an injury which did him done!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
IMO, the first group (Hammonds/Sally/Harpring) were program transcendent type players, whereas the second group (Geiger/Schenser) were very good players who were more secondary options that made the sum of the parts greater.

Moses, IMO, fits between the two groups. The first group defined GT basketball during their eras. We're talking about guys who helped carry the program on their backs for multiple years at All-ACC/All-American levels. Moses is a VERY good player, but his impact on this program has only been felt the last 1.5-2 yrs in terms of being the force he's become. He'll go down as one of the better big men to play for us, easily, but just a level below the first group. I'd put him at the Malcolm Mackey/Alvin Jones level.

That's not taking away anything from Moses...that's just saying the quality of players he's being compared to is really high, that speaks to how good GT basketball was at one point (and hopefully we will get to in the near future). GT has had some really good big men.
Couldn’t have said it any better!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
According to KQ, Moses Wright said, "this is my senior night so I have to go out with a bang." In reference to his thoughts on the Duke game tomorrow night. This might be a clue as to his plans for 2021-22.