Moses F. Wright Highlights

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Hell, My name is Moses F'ing Wright. Here are just a couple of my highlights from last night.

Hello, I'm over here. Peek-a-boo.

Hello, may I borrow that?

Hello, I'll be taking that. Preciate it.

Hello, I'm going to dunk in your face and then scream in your face. Have a nice day.

Hello, don't bring that weak stuff here. Please and thank you.

Deleted member 2897

Who could have imagined that gangly freshman taking ill advised 3 pointers now being one of the best players in the ACC? There were several doubters on this site regarding the evolution of Moses. This has been a great example of hard work along with good coaching paying off.👍

I really want to go far in the ACCT and make the NCAAs - he will be one of those great feel good stories they’ll cover. A guy that didn’t play varsity until his senior year and had no offers. No rating, no offers, no nothing. He’s on track for first team in the best conference in the country and in the conversation for player of the year.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Who could have imagined that gangly freshman taking ill advised 3 pointers now being one of the best players in the ACC? There were several doubters on this site regarding the evolution of Moses. This has been a great example of hard work along with good coaching paying off.👍
During Wright's freshman year, a scout for the Clippers suggested he was likely to be the best NBA prospect on the team.

That scout was Paul Hewitt.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
During Wright's freshman year, a scout for the Clippers suggested he was likely to be the best NBA prospect on the team.

That scout was Paul Hewitt.
That was an easy call. He was the only one to have the physical measurements of length and athleticism that are the prerequisites for being considered for the NBA. They are not big on "good solid college players".

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You could tell from the start that Moses had the raw physical tools to develop into a great player. What was very hard to predict was the work ethic to develop those tools as much as he has to the extent that he has.

IMO he has a frame that can still add good weight and if he can continue to work and improve his jump shot I think he should have a solid NBA career.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
That was an easy call. He was the only one to have the physical measurements of length and athleticism that are the prerequisites for being considered for the NBA. They are not big on "good solid college players".
That roster had Okogie and Lammers, so still to this day it might not even be the right call given Okogie's success.

And I don't think anyone at that time was close to projecting that Moses would exceed Lammers' production or pro readiness, but I could be wrong. Though not the raw athlete like Wright, I think Lammers' trajectory got derailed by injuries and he never fully recovered.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

That Techster dude was scarily prescient. He should be a professional scout :)

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That roster had Okogie and Lammers, so still to this day it might not even be the right call given Okogie's success.

And I don't think anyone at that time was close to projecting that Moses would exceed Lammers' production or pro readiness, but I could be wrong. Though not the raw athlete like Wright, I think Lammers' trajectory got derailed by injuries and he never fully recovered.

Sounds weird but the NBA potential isn't based on production. Lot of guys drafted who haven't done gradu yet. As much as I like Lammers, he doesn't have the raw athleticism that NBA centers require. He had a great sense of timing and anticipation for rim protection, along with a nice shot to 18 feet. That doesn't say NBA quite honestly.

Okogie is a longer discussion who had NBA measurables.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds weird but the NBA potential isn't based on production. Lot of guys drafted who haven't done gradu yet. As much as I like Lammers, he doesn't have the raw athleticism that NBA centers require. He had a great sense of timing and anticipation for rim protection, along with a nice shot to 18 feet. That doesn't say NBA quite honestly.

Okogie is a longer discussion who had NBA measurables.
I understand the NBA potential thing vs college production. Maybe just picking nits on semantics, but what I'm debating is whether it was "easy" to declare Moses as the best NBA prospect, particularly since no one said it and he was just so raw. I thought he looked uncoordinated at times his freshman year, which does not project well and is often tough for big guys to work through.

At the time I thought Lammers, despite not having the NBA athleticism, had the upside to be a pick and pop big with NBA defensive potential. Just think his career got derailed by injuries. Then there's Okogie, who made it far from an easy declaration that Moses had the most NBA potential.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I understand the NBA potential thing vs college production. Maybe just picking nits on semantics, but what I'm debating is whether it was "easy" to declare Moses as the best NBA prospect, particularly since no one said it and he was just so raw. I thought he looked uncoordinated at times his freshman year, which does not project well and is often tough for big guys to work through.

At the time I thought Lammers, despite not having the NBA athleticism, had the upside to be a pick and pop big with NBA defensive potential. Just think his career got derailed by injuries. Then there's Okogie, who made it far from an easy declaration that Moses had the most NBA potential.

I was thinking of the Lammers comparison when I called it "easy". Quite honestly I forgot about the Okogie comparison so that does muddy the adjective a bit so you are right in your semantics. As I never really saw Lammers as an NBA prospect as a second team 5, it lead to my statement.

This was prior to Okogie blowing up the year before he was drafted, so he would be looking at/projecting Okogie as a 3 and D guy versus Moses as a second team energy guy. At that point, as raw as Moses was, he projected the athleticism that was a prerequisite. That was his rep coming out of the Raleigh area - high ACC athleticism but DII skills and a strong propensity to float the perimeter in games. So I can see a comment that he likely had the best prospects based on the measurables - not that he "was" a great NBA prospect. In fact I still am not sure he gets a shot after this year - though he almost certainly will get paid.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I can see Moses being a G league guy with an opportunity to work himself up depending on development. He has gotten better every year so I doubt he has reached his ceiling.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

On this board we argued about his potential. One thing seemed apparent at that time. He was not comfortable playing with his back to the basket and was a turnover machine facing it. Man, what a job he and the staff have done with his development.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Just want to add that Moses has become one of my all time favorite players. You can't help but root for guys as unheralded as he was who put in the work and transform into one of the best in the conference. And he looks like he is having so much fun out there. He really does look like a big kid with that big smile of his.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Just want to add that Moses has become one of my all time favorite players. You can't help but root for guys as unheralded as he was who put in the work and transform into one of the best in the conference. And he looks like he is having so much fun out there. He really does look like a big kid with that big smile of his.
The second part is #SpotOn. I love watching him play. He is the best parts of sports: love of the game, team first, student of the sport and a hard worker who put in the time to improve his game.