Morgan Bailey officially not returning

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
If he's healthy enough to play at Coastal Carolina why not GT? Did our staff move on from him due to his history of injury? Did we not have another course track that interested him? Did he not get into MBA? What?

From the AJC link..

“I felt like he was probably as talented as anybody we’ve had at that position, but he’s been hurt,” Johnson said. “He just can’t stay out there, and it’s one thing after the next after the next.”

It was really a mutual decision by both sides...he was not happy at Georgia Tech...and our staff felt a lot of times that his injuries were not so serious...I remember he was slated to start one game and got hurt in warm ups.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ told a couple of us one time that "some people need to learn the difference between playing hurt and playing hurting" and he mentioned that in response to a question about how Morgan gets hurt so often. The coaches would have loved for him to play because one of our defensive coaches told me that Morgan was perhaps the most physically talented OL we had on the team. But that same coach said Morgan seemed to be snakebitten because he just couldn't stay healthy.

(Also, FWIW there were times when even the coaches would say that he really was hurt).

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
From the AJC link..

“I felt like he was probably as talented as anybody we’ve had at that position, but he’s been hurt,” Johnson said. “He just can’t stay out there, and it’s one thing after the next after the next.”

It was really a mutual decision by both sides...he was not happy at Georgia Tech...and our staff felt a lot of times that his injuries were not so serious...I remember he was slated to start one game and got hurt in warm ups.

o_O well, that's all I needed to read about it.

70Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
From the AJC link..

Interesting there was no mention of a transfer back in January, the article I remember implied Morgan was going to graduate and move on in to a career.

Can you tell why he wasn't happy at tech, have anything to do with coach thinking he wasn't injured. I gotta agree with cheese on this one, there is more to this story.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Interesting there was no mention of a transfer back in January, the article I remember implied Morgan was going to graduate and move on in to a career.

Can you tell why he wasn't happy at tech, have anything to do with coach thinking he wasn't injured. I gotta agree with cheese on this one, there is more to this story.

There really isn't more to the story than my last quote.

"It was really a mutual decision by both sides...he was not happy at Georgia Tech...and our staff felt a lot of times that his injuries were not so serious..."

He just wasn't happy at Georgia Tech...Tech wasn't for him. I was surprised he stayed as long he did..it wasn't something new or unforeseen. This was also a move we expected...It was a mutual decision and both sides were happy with it.

Here is a article back in December http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/morgan-baileys-career-may-be-over/ncGLM/

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He just wasn't happy at Georgia Tech...Tech wasn't for him.

who in the heck was ever happy at GT? No one I ever knew that "got out". It's kinda like the Marines...I don't think you are supposed to be happy there. That's what all those other schools are for, so you can go there and "be happy".;)

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
who in the heck was ever happy at GT? No one I ever knew that "got out". It's kinda like the Marines...I don't think you are supposed to be happy there. That's what all those other schools are for, so you can go there and "be happy".;)

Yeah but the point was, he had already graduated. I don't think he wanted a graduate degree but he was thinking he might like to play football some more.

At GT, he (and the coaches) didn't think he'd start, so he decided to transfer somewhere else.

You guys know that I am not the biggest CPJ fan, but this one isn't on him.

Swarm3

Georgia Tech Fan
Byerly and Brigham were both awarded scholarships after spring ball this year. They were full scholarship players at their previous institutions. There was an article on Byerly,I believe, written by GT athletics. Brigham's scholarship wasn't publicized, but came a year after transferring from Maryland.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow

nicely said...

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
NOOOO we need more talent....big uglies...putting a backup walkon QB on ship is not the way to win when you are at a school like tech

if he is godhigh fine. but right now noooo IMO for byerly
gotta disagree, Byerly is now 2nd string QB(,as in most important position on team)----he could be 1st unit--NO doubt he deserves a scholly over a hi school maybe player