Morgan Bailey officially not returning

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This was included from a email I got from the GT SID yesterday.
Morgan Bailey
OL / 6-4 / 297 / 1VL
Loganville, Ga. / Loganville HS
A talented offensive lineman who suffered a number of injury-related setbacks during his career at Georgia Tech… elected to skip his senior year to concentrate on academics and obtain his undergraduate degree in May… played in 15 games during his career… if healthy, would have likely been a two- or three-year starter.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
This was expected... What this already factored into the remaining two spots we have or does this mean we have 3 ships now?

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
We now have three scholarships open.

By my count that leaves us with only 10 OL on scholarship. Is this correct? (I have Brigham as being on scholarship - not sure correct)
This is way to few. Going back to Bobby Ross - "must have 16 OL on scholarship at all times."

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
9. Brigham isn't on a ship.

We have committed

Brown
Marshall
Stickler
Preddy
Whitley

Pushes it to 14.

Also could have Klock at OL which would make 15.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
This was included from a email I got from the GT SID yesterday.
Morgan Bailey
OL / 6-4 / 297 / 1VL
Loganville, Ga. / Loganville HS
A talented offensive lineman who suffered a number of injury-related setbacks during his career at Georgia Tech… elected to skip his senior year to concentrate on academics and obtain his undergraduate degree in May… played in 15 games during his career… if healthy, would have likely been a two- or three-year starter.

great news for the program...now we have 3 open. Need to turn the roster over and get players in. Harsh yes, I know, but no one is greater than the program.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
NOOOO we need more talent....big uglies...putting a backup walkon QB on ship is not the way to win when you are at a school like tech

if he is godhigh fine. but right now noooo IMO for byerly

I would agree, if he is beat out by the new QB recruit that just arrived, but if Byerly is better, and he is the back-up QB this year, you almost have to give him a scholly in my opinion. But, I truly understand your point about big nasties......and our need for more of them.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I would agree, if he is beat out by the new QB recruit that just arrived, but if Byerly is better, and he is the back-up QB this year, you almost have to give him a scholly in my opinion. But, I truly understand your point about big nasties......and our need for more of them.

hey u know this, nothing is fair in the real world especially when someones job is on the line (Pauls)...he needs recruits baby...

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Byerly is going to be the 2nd team QB. How many 2nd team QBs out there don't have scholarships?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
NOOOO we need more talent....big uglies...putting a backup walkon QB on ship is not the way to win when you are at a school like tech

if he is godhigh fine. but right now noooo IMO for byerly

Most recruits don't contribute their first years, barely their second year. Byerly is going to contribute next year unless he steps on a rock and tears his ACL between now and Fall (or something along those lines).

CPJ has a history of rewarding walk-ons if they prove themselves. If Byerly doesn't get one, so be it, but I think he's more deserving than tossing a scholly to some kid in HS that probably won't see the field for another 2-3 years.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Most recruits don't contribute their first years, barely their second year. Byerly is going to contribute next year unless he steps on a rock and tears his ACL between now and Fall (or something along those lines).

CPJ has a history of rewarding walk-ons if they prove themselves. If Byerly doesn't get one, so be it, but I think he's more deserving than tossing a scholly to some kid in HS that probably won't see the field for another 2-3 years.

Just have to agree to disagree here. We have a few kids highly rated in skill positions that could see more time than tim next year. Paul davis saw more time than him this year. And now we have 3 spots open making it more likely to land one of them (like an autry or rogers)

Secondly we have jordan on the team now who may be the back up in 2015. Paul doesnt have a good track record of taking a walkon off ship. So now tim is 3rd string a walkon will never see the field and still on ship. It is a legit scenario.

Again just have to agree to disagree.