More to Write/Read Before Our First Game

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I suspect Pitt or UNC could be a trap game simply for where those games fall on the schedule. Also because both are legit teams. I like our chances over both all things being equal though.

I suspect Pitt or UNC could be a trap game simply for where those games fall on the schedule. Also because both are legit teams. I like our chances over both all things being equal though.
Our league is getting stronger. We really have ten games that could conceiveably be losses---or wins. We have longed for a better conference. Improvement has occurred, now we have to keep pace.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
I see Pitt as the classic "trap game". They probably aren't going to be very good and we'll have bigger games on the horizon at that point.

We always seem to be up for UNC. I don't see them ever sneaking up on us. They are always on our radar, if for no other reason than the absurd amount of pre-season love they get year after year.

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan
I see Pitt as the classic "trap game". They probably aren't going to be very good and we'll have bigger games on the horizon at that point.

We always seem to be up for UNC. I don't see them ever sneaking up on us. They are always on our radar, if for no other reason than the absurd amount of pre-season love they get year after year.

I also think CPJ remembers the unnecessary running up the score episode by Butch Davis one year, maybe that is a stretch, maybe not given CPJ's personality

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’m not gonna say Pitt is a bad team and Tyler Boyd is a hell of a player but the only reason that team forced anyone to punt at all last season was Aaron Donald.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
And when it comes to their offense, people also forget that the guy who played opposite Tyler Boyd last year is now with the Dallas Cowboys.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Any given Saturday... Every game is a trap game... don't over look Tulane with a sold out stadium or GSU looking for a Florida repeat. UVA almost knocked us off last year with 8 turn overs.

No, I will not predict Pitt beating us. They may win just like any other team could win, but I will not predict it.

I can see predicting a Duke win given all their returning players.
I can see predicting a Clemson win given their strong previous seasons
I can see predicting a VT and Miami win given the past recent history.

But why on earth would I be a GT fan and predict a Pitt, UVA, NCS, Wofford, GSU, Tulane loss. There are traps and upsets, but I think we can beat these teams if we show up to play.

Since you are a "fan",why don't you predict 12-0? Oh,not that big a FANatic.I guess it depends on how you want to make a judgment on the likelihood of a win in a unbiased way.I think that we are more likely to beat dook at our home than a Pitt team on THEIR HC with 9 days to prepare.
I would love to win both big but---.Time will tell.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am a type of GT fan that is biased to GT winning. There are fans that need to think their team will not win to help with the let down.

That said, there are all kinds of fans and I was not calling you a non-fan. I am just pointing out that I am a fan that predicts GT to win unless I think there is significant reason to not win.

My basis was:
Duke: 10 and 4 with 4 and 2 in coastal that brings back all their players with modifiers played at home and beat them last year
Pitt: 7 and 6 with 2 and 4 in coastal with a new QB with modifiers played away and beat them last year

Both look like wins, but Duke looks a little stronger on paper. This prediction is as good as the paper it is written on.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, most external predictions have us 6
I am a type of GT fan that is biased to GT winning. There are fans that need to think their team will not win to help with the let down.

That said, there are all kinds of fans and I was not calling you a non-fan. I am just pointing out that I am a fan that predicts GT to win unless I think there is significant reason to not win.

My basis was:
Duke: 10 and 4 with 4 and 2 in coastal that brings back all their players with modifiers played at home and beat them last year
Pitt: 7 and 6 with 2 and 4 in coastal with a new QB with modifiers played away and beat them last year

Both look like wins, but Duke looks a little stronger on paper. This prediction is as good as the paper it is written on.

6-2 and 3-5 fwiw, oh and Pitt beat Duke.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Someone educate me here. I've recently heard a few media outlets praising Pitt and saying they are going to be a contender for the ACCCG. Where is this coming from? Did I miss something? I thought Pitt was gonna be worse than last year.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@AE 87 4-2 and 2-4 in Coastal keeping the teams played the same.

We beat Duke and Pitt. Pitt Beat Duke and Virginia. Miami and VT beat GT and Pitt but both lost to Duke.

Pitt beat #24 Notre Dame, but lost to Navy.

I am not saying Pitt is a bad team at all, but I sure hope we are favored to win.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

We beat Duke and Pitt. Pitt Beat Duke and Virginia. Miami and VT beat GT and Pitt but both lost to Duke.

I am not saying Pitt is a bad team at all, but I sure hope we are favored to win.

Even though we beat Pitt last year, it was not over until the end. They were never out of the game and we should not take them as a given.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Gotcha. Sorry, my bad. For others who don't know what this looks like: I was wrong.

Even though we beat Pitt last year, it was not over until the end. They were never out of the game and we should not take them as a given.
I shall not take them as a given, as they are certainly not one. But who is? Duke? UVA? NCST? It is going to be exciting every single week after the first three. Wins against Va Tech and Miami will mean nothing if we give them back against UNC and Pitt. As Eldrick would say, "You have to bring your A-game."