More to read... But nothing new :)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
thanks for sharing. In regards to your title, I have been reading articles of this nature for about 40 (+/-) years. Years in which the team won from as little as 1 game to as many as 11 in the regular. Only the names change from year to year, the context and format never does. I used to scour these things like others would read goat entrails or tea leaves trying to look for hidden clues as to how the upcoming season might unfold. Found out there is little correlation between preseason article comments/predictions and on the field results. Caveat emptor, which I believe is Latin for "who ate all the caviar!?"

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
thanks for sharing. In regards to your title, I have been reading articles of this nature for about 40 (+/-) years. Years in which the team won from as little as 1 game to as many as 11 in the regular. Only the names change from year to year, the context and format never does. I used to scour these things like others would read goat entrails or tea leaves trying to look for hidden clues as to how the upcoming season might unfold. Found out there is little correlation between preseason article comments/predictions and on the field results. Caveat emptor, which I believe is Latin for "who ate all the caviar!?"
Everybody is undefeated right now.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
One thing this article reminded me of: if the O is better, the D doesn't have to be as good. If we run the ball consistently and can eat the clock then our admittedly thin DL won't have anything like as much work to do. That should help, but we have to get where we can get some three to seven and outs more frequently. We'll see directly.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
One thing this article reminded me of: if the O is better, the D doesn't have to be as good. If we run the ball consistently and can eat the clock then our admittedly thin DL won't have anything like as much work to do. That should help, but we have to get where we can get some three to seven and outs more frequently. We'll see directly.

Our D still has to be better than it was.