More practice notes from AJC

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Love this quote from Lou Young on his improved stamina and conditioning:

“It’s about the team,” he said. “When it’s a post route or a fade route and it’s late in the game, I’ve got enough stamina and leg strength to stride out and make that play for the team.”

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Is Finch supposed to be back before Elon? If so, will the OL be shifted back to their original positions? Also, is Freddie Burden out for the year, or is he expected back midway through?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Is Finch supposed to be back before Elon? If so, will the OL be shifted back to their original positions? Also, is Freddie Burden out for the year, or is he expected back midway through?

Finch is expected back before week 1...when he comes back it will likely back to the orginial spots with Chamberlain in for Bailey.

They will likely try to Beno some snaps at C too.

CPJ said at media days last week that Burden is likely our for the year...Burden thinks he can come back later in the year. It's likely that we won't see him this season.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Finch is expected back before week 1...when he comes back it will likely back to the orginial spots with Chamberlain in for Bailey.

They will likely try to Beno some snaps at C too.

CPJ said at media days last week that Burden is likely our for the year...Burden thinks he can come back later in the year. It's likely that we won't see him this season.
If he misses the year, hope he gets a med RS for it. I know he already used his RS and med RS's are applied for when you've exhausted your eligibility.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Correct.

I would like for him to get snaps this year as he will likely be our starter next year.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This year and next...although he is just on a one year ship as of now. That was the deal him and CPJ agreed to.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I also heard that Shaq is really improving which is huge since he was the best/consistent OL last year.

Also, PJ Davis is definitely going to play. Every defensive coach is talking about him and you can bet that he will be playing more than just 2 or 3 games.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I also heard that Shaq is really improving which is huge since he was the best/consistent OL last year.

Also, PJ Davis is definitely going to play. Every defensive coach is talking about him and you can bet that he will be playing more than just 2 or 3 games.
He must be really, really good considering the depth and talent we have at LB. He'd have to beat out Hankins, Harrell, Drummond, McNair and Marcordes to see the second team.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I would also expect Correy Dennis to be a dependable receiver (probably why he's listed as starter currently). So, from everyone's opinions so far, it sounds like Waller, Smelter, Henry, and Dennis will all be able to contribute well this year in the WR rotation. ... with maybe Messick getting some as well.