More on the mid-season offensive philosophy change

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Great article. I wonder how much of the benefit was due to the actual change, and how much was just getting Jose back. In either case at the very least it probably provided some sort of psychological advantage as a way of figuratively starting anew mid year.

Still, probably a good change in the long run with what we had going on in the near future.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice article. We all saw the change. I remember watching the Boise State game and seeing guys drive to the basket and much less trying to run our offense through Banks....who, let’s just say, is no Lammers. He didn’t say it, but the truth is that he should have changed it much earlier, even before the season. Regardless, I am glad he had the guys to change it up mid-season and I am glad we ended with the season we did. It does make me wonder if the UNC game swung so far in our direction because they hadn’t scouted for our new offense and didn’t expect it.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
It does make me wonder if the UNC game swung so far in our direction because they hadn’t scouted for our new offense and didn’t expect it.

I think it was due to their shocking lack of talent when Anthony was out. they were just really really bad without him. With him, they were meh, but without him they were a dumpster fire

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Nice article. We all saw the change. I remember watching the Boise State game and seeing guys drive to the basket and much less trying to run our offense through Banks....who, let’s just say, is no Lammers. He didn’t say it, but the truth is that he should have changed it much earlier, even before the season. Regardless, I am glad he had the guys to change it up mid-season and I am glad we ended with the season we did. It does make me wonder if the UNC game swung so far in our direction because they hadn’t scouted for our new offense and didn’t expect it.

It is easy to see that we should have changed the offense in the preseason. I was telling anyone who would listen that we'd change the offense before the season started. Pastner does some good things and he does some odd ones.

Inertia gets all of us sometimes.