Money Down Poll

What to do with the Money Down

• Please get rid of it.

Votes: 234 73.8%
  • Keep it, I like it.

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Doesn't matter, we have bigger fish to fry.

Votes: 76 24.0%

• Total voters

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I personally have really really disliked the money down from day one, and I've also seen many quotes similar to the one above. I wonder how many people would like to see it gone, keep it, or don't care?
I don't care for it, either. On the other hand, my 17 year old thought it was great. It really got her more into the game and every time the announcer said it she got on the edge of her seat and was screaming for the defense. That's not a vote either way nor am I going to attempt to make anyone like it. It would be pretty disingenuous since I don't like it. But there's a demographic that does seem to like it and for what it's worth my high school senior who knows and is friends with many of the football players at her school thinks it is pretty cool. Maybe it does appeal to that age/sports demographic (she also competes for her school... well she did until she tore her achilles last month).

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I don't care for it, either. On the other hand, my 17 year old thought it was great. It really got her more into the game and every time the announcer said it she got on the edge of her seat and was screaming for the defense. That's not a vote either way nor am I going to attempt to make anyone like it. It would be pretty disingenuous since I don't like it. But there's a demographic that does seem to like it and for what it's worth my high school senior who knows and is friends with many of the football players at her school thinks it is pretty cool. Maybe it does appeal to that age/sports demographic (she also competes for her school... well she did until she tore her achilles last month).
I wonder what percentage of the demographic does like it though. The recent grads I've talked to certainly do not.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what percentage of the demographic does like it though. The recent grads I've talked to certainly do not.
Fair question and I don't know. I'm being completely serious when I say "maybe" about it appealing to the specific demographic to which she and her peers belong. Most of the kids I saw at the game who even acknowledged it (and I include my 17 year old in that description) seemed to be enjoying it. There were two kids in front of us who loved it and played along and it definitely got them more into the game. I don't think their parents dug it as much :ROFLMAO:

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
just completed a survey about the game experience last Saturday. Wrote a lengthy plea for them to stop “Money Down.” Hopefully others will do the same. Social media is a powerful tool. Maybe fans should hit up Tech’s Twitter feeds about this.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer

I hate to say something nice about UGA but this droney Gregorian chant with the sunset from a 3:30pm kick during a crucial 3rd down in the 4th quarter with a screaming Sanford Stadium is absolute chefs kiss of tension. I'd love to see us launch a 70 yard touchdown pass to take the lead with 4 minutes to go in person after this plays some day.

Instant "holy **** we are absolutely ****ed" energy when this one comes on down 10 in the 4th quarter, which is basically what a good 3rd down song should do.

Sadly I also enjoy most of what UGA’s band plays.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Sadly I also enjoy most of what UGA’s band plays.
Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

only partially kidding

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Priority schema:
#1 - Chords
#2 - big games where we are competitive, sprinkle in ‘all the way turnt up’
#3 - only when we are dominant, up big, and crowd is otherwise pacified then feel free to try out new things like money down
Exactly!!!
Especially #2

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Shoutout to Collins/GTAA for taking criticism and letting the band play Chords every 3rd down today. Props.
I noticed that too. It's going over to see if anybody had already made the comment about today's game having a lot less money down in music being I didn't instead of letting the band do some stuff. It was good that the band was allowed to play more today.

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
I noticed that too. It's going over to see if anybody had already made the comment about today's game having a lot less money down in music being I didn't instead of letting the band do some stuff. It was good that the band was allowed to play more today.
It was refreshing to hear the band for a change, and that they kept the gimmickry to a minimum. As was said above, you have to give Collins (I assume it was his choice, perhaps not) credit for dialing it down a notch.