Money Down Poll

What to do with the Money Down

• Please get rid of it.

Votes: 234 73.8%
  • Keep it, I like it.

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Doesn't matter, we have bigger fish to fry.

Votes: 76 24.0%

• Total voters

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I can tell you it's absolutely not after our stadium announcer deploys his cheesiest WWE voice to say, "IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT'SSSSSSS MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNEY DDDDOOOOOOOOWWWWWNNNNN". It literally sucks energy out of the stadium.
I personally have really really disliked the money down from day one, and I've also seen many quotes similar to the one above. I wonder how many people would like to see it gone, keep it, or don't care?

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I personally have really really disliked the money down from day one, and I've also seen many quotes similar to the one above. I wonder how many people would like to see it gone, keep it, or don't care?
It would asinine even if we weren’t terrible. Just so stupid. Up there with the weightlifting and that dumbass bicycle

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly started writing out a Change.org petition to send to Stansbury. I gave up cause I don't have the time to sit down and type it all up though. I may be a little more sensitive to it because "Money Down" as we do it now silences the band in favor of some random rap song that no one except the team and maybe 2% of the crowd will get hyped by. I understand there are some that may not prefer the band playing "Chords" but I'd wager more people get the cue to get loud from that than from the speaker player a random 15 second snippet of a rap song.

Ryan

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm not sure why it's even a debate. Do I think it's stupid? Yeah, kinda, I guess. But, whether or not it hypes me up doesn't really affect the outcome of the game much.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don't really care one way or the other. I think it is silly gimmickry but that is who Geoff is and it is his program. That said, the real "money down" is the millions being paid to him as in down the drain. But we are stuck with him for several years it would seem. IIWII

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hate it. But I never said anything before because I was told this is the way to attract kids who want to go pro and that it fires them because it reminds them they are ultimately playing for money.

I thought it was cheesy before. Now I find it humiliating for Tech.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Hate it. But I never said anything before because I was told this is the way to attract kids who want to go pro and that it fires them because it reminds them they are ultimately playing for money.

I thought it was cheesy before. Now I find it humiliating for Tech.
I was at the Duke game in 2019 visiting my daughter and it even the few Duke fans at Wallace Wade found it stupid. I just don’t get why someone doesn’t step in and recognize we are embarrassing ourselves.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not sure why it's even a debate. Do I think it's stupid? Yeah, kinda, I guess. But, whether or not it hypes me up doesn't really affect the outcome of the game much.
The point of doing anything on 3rd down is to get the crowd excited and loud to try and make the offense mess up. I guess we could just all stay silent and seated during the game.